The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

On 9/26/2021 at 6:03 AM, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/dave-bautista-adopts-horribly-abused-puppy-offers-5k-reward-for-information-on-dog-s-sick-piece-of-s-t-abuser/ar-AAOOrLs?ocid=msedgntp

Dave Bautista has a new addition to his family, a three-month-old puppy with a horrific past.

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" star took to Instagram to introduce the pup to his 3.6 million followers, revealing the animal had suffered "horrific abuse" before being abandoned and left for dead, luckily being found and taken to an animal shelter.

The dog — originally known as Sage before Bautista renamed her — received medical care for wounds suffered due to a chain that had been so tightly wrapped around the animal's neck that it had embedded in the skin, requiring surgery to remove.

Bautista is also seeking to find those responsible for abusing Penny and hold them responsible for their crimes.

“ATTN Tampa Bay: I will personally hand $5000 cash to the person who gives information leading to the arrest and conviction of the sick piece of s**t responsible for this,” he wrote in his post. “If you know anything please contact @humanesocietytampabay or @safek9.”

Bautista was quickly deluged with support. Actor Mickey Rourke offered an addition $1,000, while a Tampa Bay law firm offered to match Bautista's $5,000.

In a video he subsequently posted on Instagram, Bautista admitted there were no “solid leads” yet, but he remained hopeful.

In the meantime, he publicly welcomed Penny to the family.

“The puppy you know as Sage today became Penny Bautista,” he declared. “I’d like to introduce you to the newest member of my family… she is now a Bautista, and she will never be abused again in her life.”

I kinda wish Dave would just happen to " bump" into the POS that abused his dog.

Animal abusers are pure scum.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

George loves the hummingbird commercial!

She was casually sleeping on the electric blanket near my feet and the hummingbird commercial came on…

This is her at the tv… still after the hummingbird commercial…. It’s no longer the hummingbird commercial and she is still close up with her paws.

28E6A140-7DA9-4A97-82B7-34B265E89D30.thumb.jpeg.39ac9fd206baf16307b1f17194983aea.jpeg

• Haha 3
On 12/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, Shayster007 said:

My rescue pup Maple, who's the goodest girl in all the lands

PXL_20211124_003411738.jpg

Getting your pet at a shelter / rescue place is the best!  I got my George from an animal shelter.  She was being fostered by a volunteer at the animal shelter.  It was funny because when I went to the shelter, I knew all of the cats names and the volunteers thought that was great (I looked at all the cats online, wanting to get to know them, see if one of them was a great fit).  I inquired about George and met her a week later.  She adjusted quickly the day I brought her home, but it did take her 11 months to become a lap cat.  George is the best!  She's spoiled, get whatever she wants, funny, and she's sitting right beside me sleeping as I write this. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, brilac said:

Getting your pet at a shelter / rescue place is the best!  I got my George from an animal shelter.  She was being fostered by a volunteer at the animal shelter.  It was funny because when I went to the shelter, I knew all of the cats names and the volunteers thought that was great (I looked at all the cats online, wanting to get to know them, see if one of them was a great fit).  I inquired about George and met her a week later.  She adjusted quickly the day I brought her home, but it did take her 11 months to become a lap cat.  George is the best!  She's spoiled, get whatever she wants, funny, and she's sitting right beside me sleeping as I write this. 

This is my Willow. Not a shelter rescue, but she was a barn cat at my buddies farm that was very sick. I took her home and got her the care she needed. She's a pretty cool cat, she's never let us forget we saved her. Such a sweet little creature.

IMG_20210306_161321_01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

This is my Willow. Not a shelter rescue, but she was a barn cat at my buddies farm that was very sick. I took her home and got her the care she needed. She's a pretty cool cat, she's never let us forget we saved her. Such a sweet little creature.

IMG_20210306_161321_01.jpg

She is adorable! 

6 minutes ago, brilac said:

She is adorable! 

Yes she's very sweet. She's a Manx cat, they have a double coat so I'm not allergic. I always told my buddy if a calico Manx was ever born on the farm I'd take her. Took a couple years, by finally a couple were born. One night they all started dying, they had herpes from unclean living conditions in the cow barn. I raced up and took home the only one that was still holding on. She was so sick. Nothing some TLC and a lifetime of lysine couldn't fix, and she's about 7 years old now. Doctor told us it was unlikely she made it through the first couple days we got her.

• Huggy Bear 1

George got excited when the pets of the week came on! Bob (cat) was her favorite followed by the dog (shown in the pic). Then after this picture was taken, she jumped over to the TV stand and put her paws on the TV.  I was too alarmed to take a pic and rushed over to the TV and told her that she cannot do that!  

F72A96FC-191B-4CF9-9993-66476CF3FAFC.thumb.jpeg.020bbe118b92e99785b5fed21bb57983.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

Ive had a lot of cats over the years, but none quite like Herman aka Herm aka Hermie

E474C6B7-9E34-4645-AF69-82603CF6D8ED.jpeg

That's so funny! So Hermie likes to lay on the stove?!  I had a cat that liked kitty treats so much that she would jump up on the counter and try to get the cabinet open to get her treats.