The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

1 hour ago, Svengali said:

Having a midnight snack-i-poo and a mead (because I secretly believe I am a viking).

It was made in the far off exotic land of Sooke BC and tastes like champagne, beer, and apple cider mixed together.

A very odd combo ...

15ees13.jpg

what is going on in the background there? you either live in a miyazaki movie or are producing For Emma Forever Ago or something

33 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

what is going on in the background there? you either live in a miyazaki movie or are producing For Emma Forever Ago or something

Haha, nice. It's an Elmira woodstove with an oven in the middle and a little water tank on the right, fantastic for heating this old house in the winter when I'm writing scripts for Wes Anderson.

The temperature ranges from "Better Open The Front Door And Some Windows"  to  "Oh God, The Earth Has Crashed Into The Sun" ...

Had a couple with a buddy of mine this Saturday while we watched the Canada vs Russia game. We started off with a collab beer:

14463300_10153781348937601_2547910422980

That 25-30 IBU range is a sweet spot for me, and this was a very clean lager with great malty flavour. They only produced about 500 bottles of this though, so good luck finding it.

14485089_10153781433212601_7018507881124

Deschutes is a favourite of mine, probably my favourite from the US. A little more going on with this one with some citrus and caramel flavours, but subtle still.

14448906_10153781573952601_1939962175907

Probably the best beer labels around, Driftwood's always a good beer as well. This one impressed us a lot. It had hints of coriander and sea salt which came through in the finish and balanced the sweetness of the saison type of beer. Had a little chocolate with this one and it went really well.

13 hours ago, Svengali said:

Having a midnight snack-i-poo and a mead (because I secretly believe I am a viking).

It was made in the far off exotic land of Sooke BC and tastes like champagne, beer, and apple cider mixed together.

A very odd combo ...

15ees13.jpg

I don't always tug but when I do, I Tugwell.

Sooo many vagina beers present. F your IPA bull$&!#, I drink what is cheap and drink a metric Fuc ton of it.

1500222.jpg

Saying you only drink gross beer because you can drink a lot of it for cheap is like saying you try only get with ugly women because it's easier.

Not that I don't drink cheap beer to excess sometimes, but every once and a while it's nice to get something that doesn't taste like pisswater.

• 1 month later...

This is far overdue for a bump, and a tasty barley wine reminded me!

15135871_10153927696877601_8328064513381

15036331_10153924950137601_5701243302340

Picked up the latest from Steel & Oak, at about $12 a bottle, and have been saving the third ( best labels in the business from Driftwood) for not quite a year. Opened the third obviously, and it was mellow and very nice for a barley wine. They aren't to everyone's taste, and at 11.4% they can be overpowering, but this one had notes like a nice sherry. Really quite nice for a Friday night.

I randomly picked this up the other day, just cracked it and... it's seriously one of the best things I've ever tasted:

undead-party-crasher-set.jpg

It's 10% too. And I've already had a couple. So this post is in part to remind myself to check this out again when I have a clear palette/mind...since I may not remember any of it.

• 1 month later...

Archived