The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Top Prospects were out to Impress At WJ Summer Camp

shinkaruk98

Yeah I can see your point. And at some point I feel Horvat will be a second line player. I just think from an offensive point of view Skinkaruk and Burrows offer more while Kesler is the second line staple. Hunter for his creativity, speed, and passing ability. And Burrows for his all around game and the chemistry he already has with Kesler. Plus I'm not a fan of having a 4 million dollar player on the 3rd line, I also feel Burrows has earned his place in the top 6. Horvat would have to out score Hunter to be on the second line in my eyes, just don't see that happening. Once Kesler is done or the Sedins retire and Kesler moves up then I'd see Horvat on that line. Making it.

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Kassian

Gaunce-Horvat-Jensen

Unless we draft a LW in the next draft or 2 then Gaunce can be the 3rd line staple. For those that don't know Gaunce can play LW quite well, or

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Kassian

Burrows-Horvat-Jensen

Higgins-Gaunce-Hansen

?-Lain-Mallet

That's a lotta $ on the 4th line. I'd hope Booth is gone by the time this lineup is feasible. Although I'd move Hunter to his natural side LW, drop Horvat to 3rd line with Gaunce and Hansen, and move Burrows to 2nd line RW.

Sedins/Kassian

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Burrows

Horvat-Gaunce-Hansen

Higgins-Lain-Mallet

In approx 2 years

Offense provided by the top 2 lines, with the third possibly being an elite shutdown line able to chip in regular secondary scoring, and a good 4th line with some skill/size/agitation

Potentially in a few years.

Sedins + (X)

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Jensen (Shoot/Pass/"big skill")

Schroeder - Gaunce - Kassian (Pass / two way / "Big Big Skill Shoot") - Kassian makes up for Schroeder's "height challenged-ness"

Fourth Line.

You know what, it would either be a lights out lineup or the laughing stock of the NHL. Three solid, possibly interchangeable lines depending on how these guys develop. It wouldn't be upsetting to have three lines capable of being a number 1/2 line. And that still discounts Kesler & co.

This was a good draft year.

Yeah I can see your point. And at some point I feel Horvat will be a second line player. I just think from an offensive point of view Skinkaruk and Burrows offer more while Kesler is the second line staple. Hunter for his creativity, speed, and passing ability. And Burrows for his all around game and the chemistry he already has with Kesler. Plus I'm not a fan of having a 4 million dollar player on the 3rd line, I also feel Burrows has earned his place in the top 6. Horvat would have to out score Hunter to be on the second line in my eyes, just don't see that happening. Once Kesler is done or the Sedins retire and Kesler moves up then I'd see Horvat on that line. Making it.

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Kassian

Gaunce-Horvat-Jensen

Unless we draft a LW in the next draft or 2 then Gaunce can be the 3rd line staple. For those that don't know Gaunce can play LW quite well, or

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Kassian

Burrows-Horvat-Jensen

Higgins-Gaunce-Hansen

?-Lain-Mallet

If Burrows, Higgins, and Hansen are still around

And people complain that MG made a stupid trade and drafted poorly? HA!

We got 3 gems in the making who all have franchise player written all over them. You should be lucky enough to have one of those guys on your team but we have 3! That's not something you see everyday plus adding all 3 are good Canadian kids with great attitude. ....saying it again, the future is bright.

In the next couple of years, we'll see Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Jensen (if not even more) pushing their way onto the roster. We're going to have an issue in terms of who to get rid of.

On the wings we have Daniel, Burr, Higgins, Hansen, Booth and Kassian already there and capable of top 6 play. Add Shinkaruk and Jensen that and we just have too much. Plus any potential UFAs (Vanek is the only huge prospect for the next couple of year, and we should be willing to do a lot to get him, I think).

For centres, we've got Henrik, Kesler, Schroeder, Lain. Both of the two C prospects are too good for 4th line roles, but I wouldn't shift 33 or 17 for them either. Lain's size and grit (and faceoff ability) make him ideal for the 4th line, so Schroeder will likely miss out.

It's going to be tough to fit everyone in!

Sedin / Sedin / Kassian

Shinkaruk / Kesler / Horvat

Burrows / Gaunce / Jensen

Higgins / Lain / Hansen

Schroeder

I think Schroeder, Booth, Burrows and Sestito could be trade candidates.

Good situation to be in that we have too much rather than too little.

Much as I hate him, I do agree with him in this rare instance. All these guys getting pencilled in with no AHL experience is a recipe for disappointment. Corrado was exceptional at the junior level but jumping straight into the NHL showed the gap in development necessary. Lain, Mallet and Archibald are the three players who can play a bottom 6 role and have some games under their belt. They're going to be the first to crack the roster unless Gaunce or Jensen comes into camp looking like MacKinnon.

Archived