The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Syndicate- GAME OVER, SIGN UP IN PROGRESS

Peaches

Welcome to Mafia: The Syndicate.

This is my first ever time hosting a game so I hope you guys have fun.

Sign up will last throughout the day of August the 14th and roles will be given out on August the 15th.

Basically, Mafia is a game that is played over a few days. People need to sign-up before we begin game play, and no one may join once a game is in progress.

[if you missed the deadline, or if there is not enough room, please wait until the next registration.]

INTRODUCTION:

Mafia: Just be careful who you trust. They might save you or they might kill you.

Everyone that's signed up for the game will receive a role. Roles will be sent out via Private Messages (PM). If you do not get a PM stating your role, you are regular Townsperson (TP).

Objective:

Townspeople (TP): eliminate all mafia.

Mafia: eliminate all TP and the sheriff.

Serial Killer: Kill Everybody and be the last person standing.

In the case that there is equal number of TP and Mafia left, Mafia will be declared the winner, unless the serial killer is still kicking around!

Role and ROUND LAYOUT:

The game is played in Rounds. Here's the layout of each round.

Mafia:

Yur team's goal is to eliminate the mafia team, as well as eliminate all TPs and Serial Killers.

The Mafia can communicate with each other via, PM, E-Mail, IM or whatever means they chose. Each Mafia members must send in their votes to Peaches before 10:30PM PST.

In the case of a tied vote, no murder will commence.

MAFIA NOTE: Please direct all votes to Peaches via PM.

The Vigilante: The goal of Vigilante is to eliminate all Mafia members. For each 24 hours, the Vigilante is allowed to submit one person to be killed off. However, IF the doctor so happens to protect the player that the Vigilante attempts kills, then no murder will take place.

VIGILANTE NOTE: Please direct all killings to Peaches via PM.

The Sheriff: The goal of the Sheriff is to uncover as many mafia members as he/she can. For every 24 hours, the Sheriff is allowed to submit 1 name to be investigated STARTING ON THE FIRST NIGHT. Meaning that the Sheriff must PM Peaches the person that he/she chooses to investigate and the GM will reply with whether or not the player is a member of the mafia. If the Sheriff investigates Doctor or Vigilante, the investigation results will show the actual result.

SHERIFF NOTE: Please direct all investigations to Peaches via PM.

The Doctor: The goal of the doctor is to attempt to save the innocent. Due to the fact that the doctor not knowing who the Mafia is targeting, it is pretty much a blind guess for the doctor at the start of the game. The Doctor can also choose to save themselves, in case they believe that they are the target. The Doctor may attempt to save themselves only twice per game.

DOCTOR NOTE: Please direct all saves to Peaches via PM.

The Serial Killer: Kill everyone but yourself.

Serial Killer NOTE: Please direct all kills to Peaches via PM.

The Twinblade: The Twinblade is probably the most controversial role in the game of Mafia. He will be have the ability of the Vigilante, Serial Killer, or the Mafioso -- the ability to kill -- at the cost of his/her own life. Using this ability wisely can not only ensure a Townspeople victory, but the one wielding the power can also be hailed a hero. Doctor saves have no affect on the Twinblade's target.

Limitations: Using this ability poorly, though, could cost the Townspeople the game. Once the Twinblade uses their ability, they will be out of the game (since they're... dead).

Twinblade NOTE: Please direct all kills to Peaches via PM.

The Townspeople (TP): The goal of the TP is to eliminate all Mafia members. Please put your vote directly on the forum in one of the following formats:

Vote [player name]

and if you want to vote another player:

UNVOTE [previous voted player] VOTE [new voted player]

Any votes not in accordance with the format specified above, will not be tallied. Please make sure to bold your vote.

TOWN PEOPLE NOTE: Please vote within the forum. No PMs are necessary to hosts unless there are any questions regarding game play.

After the GMs have tallied all votes, we will announce the day's happenings. If the doctor happens to save someone, we will announce that the mafia or vigilante attempted murder but the player was saved.

The Game will go on until the Townspeople are left, or the Mafia team is left.

Each round ends at 1030PM PST. And the next round begins immediately. All votes must be in before 1030PM. Any votes after 1030PM will be carried over to next round. I will try my best to post results within the 30 minutes after all voting is closed.

The Rules:

THE RULES:

1) Once you've been killed off, please do not interfere with the game. Don't post in debates and loan your opinion to people (In PM or in this thread!) Please stay honest as this is how we make the game fun for everyone.

2) If things begin to get personal, and Peaches feels that things that were said should not have been said, we will hand out warnings. After 1 warning, if you receive another, you will be suspended for the next game.

3) Please stay active. If you sign up, that means you want to play. If you do not vote at least once every 48 hours, you will be killed off for inactivity, and possibly suspended for one game. (At the discretion of the GM.)

4) Screenshots - If anyone is caught posting screen shots of any form whether in PM, email, IM or ANYTHING. That player will be banned from next game.

5) Last Words - Players that are killed by Mafia or Vig do NOT get last words. Only players that are HUNG do. Please keep it to under 30 words!

6) Killing Timelines:

-Hanging comes first. This happens at the end of the day

-During the night, Mafia kills take precedence; then Vigilante kills; then any other kills. Doctor saves will be valid for all; however, the Doctor can only save a person once, so if another killer targets the person as well, that person will be saved once and then killed.

7) Do NOT invite Hosts to private conversations, UNLESS it is extremely necessary. ie. Showing the use of screen shots or inappropriate behavior within PMs.

Additional Notes:

Standard Special Roles

Mafia: 1 Killing every round.

Doctor: 1 Save every round. (Can only save self twice though out game)

Sheriff: 1 Investigation every round.

Vigilante: 1 Kill every round.

Serial Killer: 1 Kill everyround.

Town People: 1 Hanging based on votes every round.

Note: all roles are assigned randomly.

Note: ROUND ENDS AT 10:30 PM PST.

If you change your screen name before, during or after a game, please send the GM a PM.

Players so far:

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

22. Aladeen

23. One one two

24. T-rex930

25. Caboose

Punishment for editing post 5+ minutes later:

Your next vote will not count. You will not be informed of this.

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

22. Aladeen

Ehh, what the heck, I'll join.

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

22. Aladeen

23. One one two

No to the Zombie, but how about the Lackey? I still feel like that role could be interesting. For those wondering, the Lackey is affiliated with the mafia and therefore wins with the mafia. But if I recall correctly, he/she doesn't know which players are mafia at the start of the game.

Also known as the Roleblocker, the Lackey chooses one player each round to "block" them from performing his or her action. The target's action will not be performed - that is, the Roleblocker blocks the target's role from working for that round.

Limitations: Typically, the Roleblocker only stops things the target tries to actively perform (such as investigations by the Sheriff/Kingpin, etc.). Simply, if a player has to submit an action to the moderator, the Lackey can block it. The Lackey will not be able to block actions that target themselves (Sheriff investigations, kill, Med kit throws, etc. Much like the Kingpin, the Lackey shows up as a Townie but is aligned with the Mafia (thus, wins with the Mafia) and has no ability to kill. The Lackey will not be able to block the same person/organization (a la Mafia group) on two consecutive nightfalls.

Excited to join!!

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

22. Aladeen

23. One one two

24. T-rex930

Also not a fan of zombie. Peaches, I used excel to randomize all the roles, let me know if you need help doing that. I also kept everything on google docs. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

Excited to join!!

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

22. Aladeen

23. One one two

24. T-rex930

Also not a fan of zombie. Peaches, I used excel to randomize all the roles, let me know if you need help doing that. I also kept everything on google docs. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

As I said in the other thread, I think editing your post right after should be ok, as people may have legit reasons (typos, more to add, ect), but there should be some kind of limit. Maybe no editing more than 10 minutes after the original. m

Also no on the zombie, keep it simple as possible.

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

22. Aladeen

23. One one two

24. T-rex930

25. Caboose

As I said in the other thread, I think editing your post right after should be ok, as people may have legit reasons (typos, more to add, ect), but there should be some kind of limit. Maybe no editing more than 10 minutes after the original. m

Also no on the zombie, keep it simple as possible.

Archived