The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 10 Most Expensive Cities to Buy Gas in NA are *ALL* Located in BC!

TheRussianRocket.

According to the Taxpayers Association, 49 cents per litre goes to taxes. That is the 2nd highest in North America. Washington is only 15 cents.

Greater Vancouver drivers pay 49 cents per litre in gas taxes – the second-highest on the continent. But just a few miles away, in Washington State, gas taxes (with currency exchange and conversion from gallons) work out to 15 cents per litre.

“It’s pretty simple – the lower the taxes, the cheaper the gas,” said Jordan Bateman, the CTF’s B.C. Director. “Lower Mainland gas prices would be competitive with the U.S. if our tax burden wasn’t three and a half times heavier.”

Cheaper gas in the U.S. has become the draw for Canadians to head south. While there, many drivers also pick up cheaper dairy products and purchase groceries and consumer goods. Some are now regularly flying out of Bellingham Airport to save even more money.

Gas prices are so depressing. Does anyone else remember the late '90s/early '00s when there were all the 'gas wars' around southern BC? My brother-in-law claimed once that the prices in Chilliwack were around 27.9 per liter for a week. I never saw them that low on the island where I live, but it wasn't uncommon to see prices between 39-45.

My first car was a 1980 Mercury Capri. I could put $5 in the tank and cruise around all day, no problem. Cruising nowadays has become quite a luxury.

Those were good times back then. Now it's what I like to call "highway robbery".

Gas prices are so depressing. Does anyone else remember the late '90s/early '00s when there were all the 'gas wars' around southern BC? My brother-in-law claimed once that the prices in Chilliwack were around 27.9 per liter for a week. I never saw them that low on the island where I live, but it wasn't uncommon to see prices between 39-45.

My first car was a 1980 Mercury Capri. I could put $5 in the tank and cruise around all day, no problem. Cruising nowadays has become quite a luxury.

Those were good times back then. Now it's what I like to call "highway robbery".

I paid 3.48 at Fred Meyer in Bellingham. That works out to 95ish cents per liter which is ridiculously cheap compared to her. It's amazing how BC continually puts itself at a disadvantage. And then they wonder why people run to the states and there are 4 hour wait times. Like wake the frack up!! I'm sure most of us would buy here and support our economy if we weren't paying nearly 65% more here then what we would pay 45 mins south

Nexus passes are fairly cheap. Just have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get registered. But once you have one, no more border waits to fill up.

But everybody in a car has to have one in order to use the Nexus. My wife and I have to get one for our daughter, who is only 8 months old - because we can't use the Nexus line with her.

Lol.

The Liberals are just better at hiding their taxes from the people. People are naive if they think taxes would be any higher under the NDP. Pretty sure you can't do much worse than highest in North America.

And at least they tell you they're gonna raise taxes. The Liberals try and sneak them in behind peoples backs while pretending they're gonna lower them.

Still can't believe they've got taxpayers feeding out of their hands promising that they'll "promote business". Looks like they're promoting alot of business. Business in Alberta and Ontario...

Archived