The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 10 Most Expensive Cities to Buy Gas in NA are *ALL* Located in BC!

TheRussianRocket.

Build a refinery in Vancouver and you should see prices drop. The problem is that some people in BC do not want any refineries built. This means that gas and heating oil is then subject to the cost of its transportation. That is why it costs more. Then there is heavy taxation, from the city, region, province, and federal government. You truly get what you pay for.

Build a refinery in Vancouver and you should see prices drop. The problem is that some people in BC do not want any refineries built. This means that gas and heating oil is then subject to the cost of its transportation. That is why it costs more. Then there is heavy taxation, from the city, region, province, and federal government. You truly get what you pay for.

Really, why then is gasoline cheaper in the interior, using that logic? I realize, transit has their grubby hands on my cash, but, I don't think they have oil refineries in Quebec, and gas at the pump is cheaper there, than here. Coguitlam/Port Moody, regularly sells gasoline about 3-4 cents per litre less than Burnaby, Vancouver, or Richmond. These oil companies realize who is buying, and when, and that, more than anything dictates the price at the pump. No transit tax in either of Mission or Abbotsford, yet Mission is cheaper than Abby.

Archived