The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Male hairloss thread

key2thecup

That's what I was thinking. He should be fighting the ladies of with his glorious new mane of hair (not heir) :lol:

Yeah....This isn't some magical pill that makes you grow 2 feet of hair in a month... Whatever kids, make your lame jokes..... any one interested in hair loss might come across my post and see they have some options..... I'm not replying anymore to these remarks..... I'll post a update again in a few months about how the treatment is going

Yeah....This isn't some magical pill that makes you grow 2 feet of hair in a month... Whatever kids, make your lame jokes..... any one interested in hair loss might come across my post and see they have some options..... I'm not replying anymore to these remarks..... I'll post a update again in a few months about how the treatment is going

I hope anyone that comes across this thread that's concerned about male hair loss goes and sees a shrink instead to try and understand why they take so much self worth from what is or isn't on top of their heads.

Jesus Christ, I think I'd rather go bald than risk this crap:

http://finasteridesyndrome.blogspot.ca/p/how-to-treat.html

So you stop taking this stuff, and you're potentially screwed for life? All to keep something that is dead anyways? No thanks! If I go bald, I'd just think about all the money saved on cuts, shampoo and sometimes gel that can now go towards something else!

From my own experience of dealing with hair loss these are some things that have worked for me in reducing rapid shedding and promoting more growth:

1. Occasionally massaging my scalp
  2. Argan Oil
  3. Nizoral (This shampoo is a must if you use hair loss drugs or treatments it is shown to increase hair growth if used along with treatments, and it also makes hair look thicker for a week since the hair follicles swell temporally.
  4. Switched from unnatural shampoo to Burt Bees Natural Shampoo, Sodium Laureate slowly kills your hair.
  5. Reduced the amount of times I washed my hair
  6. Changed my diet, since I have Celiac Disease it was one of the reason for my shedding. But apparently other autoimmune disease or allergies can increase shedding, so make sure you get yourself checked out.
  7. Increased intake of Whey protein and Vitamin supplement
  8. Get my hair cut sooner and shorter to let my scalp breath more
  9. and finally literally stop worrying so much about, apparently your supposed to lose an average of 100 -150 hairs a day anyway.

Thats my battle with hair loss...

Also if your under 25 you shouldn't be using hair loss treatments or drugs since they could cause complications in the future...

Archived