The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Alberts? Where are we with him?

CouchCoach

Not much news on him.

This was tweeted on July 15th:

@News1130Sports

Unrestricted free agent defenseman Andrew Alberts talking with teams including the #Canucks about a deal.

Quote from May 9th:

Impending UFA Andrew Alberts: "I'd love to be back here."

I guess I was watching a different Alberts then you guys. All I remember is Alberts getting benched alot after directly causing more goals for the opposition then any other Canuck. I would be amazed if an NHL team picked him up.

Andrew Alberts is an acceptable and appropriate #6/7 defenseman. He played to his role last year without very many defensive liabilities. He's brings toughness, grit, net clearing ability, and what I have recognized as increased agility and general foot movement. I would like to see him back to do this role. See if he can improve for another year.

I'd agree until last season, where he really stepped up his game. I'd like to see what he can do under a coach who will encourage him to be meaner.

He was far less of a liability in his own end last year than Alex "the human turnover machine" Edler.

Why are so many people hating on Alberts? He was a solid D-man when he got ice time. Yea he turned the puck over a few times here and there, but what do you expect from a #6/7 D-man getting paid 1.225 mil/yr?? if you're looking for a Norris trophy performance then you might wanna look elsewhere... I thought he played an excellent overall game for his role and he stood up for teammates which is more than I can say for many of the other canucks this year... I hope we re-sign him.

Archived