The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Alberts? Where are we with him?

CouchCoach

lol @ people saying "who cares, move on".

6/7 D-men are important, especially for a team with a history of being plagued by injuries. Our D-men go down during the season, it happens, and we need solid NHLers to fill those spots when need be.

Alberts definitely had a good year last season, thought he deserved more playing time. At this point, he's probably the best option for our #6 D-man (unless Corrado picks up where he left off last season and makes the team). If he's okay with staying for under 1 million, it'd be a great signing.

Great 6th/7th defenceman, worth around 1M. Considering we have 5M in space...

Tanev for 2M

Alberts for 1M

Fistric/Murray for 2M

Our top-4 play the bulk of games.

Tanev and Fistric/Murray play 60 games

Alberts and Corrado fill in the extra 20 games each, plus injuries

They are still in negotiations with Alberts but they won't sign him until the Tanev negotiations are done because Gilman wants to know how much cap they'll have left to deal with our other problems. So until Tanev is signed don't expect Alberts to be signed either, Alberts isn't hard to replace he's a 6 or 7th d man, that is super cheap. But odds are he'll get signed for around 1.3 mil, anywhere around that area would be a safe bet.

Ok...so I wasn't the only one who was not impressed with his performance. To answer meh's question, what I want in a 6th/7th defenseman is to keep it simple, keep the puck out of the net, don't get turnovers, block some shots, and make a nice outlet pass.

Making a nice outlet pass was the only part of AHLberts game that I thought was solid.

Ok...so I wasn't the only one who was not impressed with his performance. To answer meh's question, what I want in a 6th/7th defenseman is to keep it simple, keep the puck out of the net, don't get turnovers, block some shots, and make a nice outlet pass.

Making a nice outlet pass was the only part of AHLberts game that I thought was solid.

Archived