The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Many 10 and 20 Goal Scorers This Season?!?

theminister

Well, if ya don't wanna believe me (and others here) how 'bout an NHL general manager? Kinda hard for a zebra to change stripes esp overnight.

So to double check, you mean he's definitely not going to change his approach like how he went from full-blown offense in Tampa to smothering defense in NY? Or in other words, "you know that thing he already did? He can't do that." Gotcha.

300 GOALS HAHAHA YOU EVER SEEN RANGERS PLAY HAHAHAHAHA

BE SHOCKED IF THIS TEAM GETS CLOSE 200 GOALS

the year tampa won the cup they were third in the NHL in goals for.... one guess as to who the head coach was..... here let me give you a hint Tortsgallery1_slide.jpg

So to double check, you mean he's definitely not going to change his approach like how he went from full-blown offense in Tampa to smothering defense in NY? Or in other words, "you know that thing he already did? He can't do that." Gotcha.

If you expect he's gonna change overnight givin' the team he has to work with then yer not thinking this thru.

If you expect he's gonna change overnight givin' the team he has to work with then yer not thinking this thru.

Because Torts already having accomplished what you say he can't do isn't enough apparently, take a look at the Ranger blue line. Do you really think that's an offensive powerhouse of a D corps? Look at their shooting percentages. The secret to the Rangers beating the Canucks in goals last year was shots from the blueline. Their defense shot constantly, but they also missed constantly. Quantity over quality was their unofficial motto I'm sure.

What do you think Edler, Garrison, Bieksa even Corrado are going to do with a similar number of shots? I can tell you sub-5% shooting percentages aren't going to happen. Our blue line are howitzers compared to NY's mortars. Even if Torts plays the exact same game, we're going to see a lot less over-passing and a lot more goals from the point and rebounds getting banged in.

I'll be a man and given my numbers with the name

H. Sedin 14

Daniel 34

Kesler 30

Burrows 28

Booth 23

Hansen 21

Kassian 16

Schroeder 10

Higgins 11

Richardson 7

Weiss and the Other 4th liner 6 and 5 respectively.

Therefore.

20+ = 5

10-15 = 4

clearly based on the qualifier that they stay healthy or effectively a pace based on an 82 game season

I feel like this season may be a huge surprise for Vancouver fans .. If they can commit to playing torts system , they will give themselves a chance to win every night .. I dont care who scores how many goals .. I want a run to the cup , with a team thats miserable to play against .. saying that , Im guess 10 guys will score ten or more ...

• 2 months later...

2010-2011: 262 goals-1st in the West and 1st overall

2011-2012: 249 goals-1st in the West

2012-2013: 127 goals-7th in the West

2013-2014: 67goals - 8th in the West with more games played than all but Anaheim.

Tomorrow night marks 27 games and the season is one-third done.

This team is projected to score 40-50 goals less than just two/three years ago.

Forget about the ten and twenty goal scorers list.

This team needs 5 more 10 goal scorers to make it back to the top.

Archived