The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tired of Android/IOS debate? Why not support Ubuntu Edge

gizmo2337

ta

Any exclusive iOS user has no argument until they have at least tried Android OS. I once thought iphones were the world's greatest invention until my wife got a galaxy note and then months later I got the galaxy note II. after week of full customization I was fully sold

Everyone has their preference.

I personally have nothing against Android-based phones, I am actually thinking of giving Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a try when it comes out.

However, I my iPhone is working in such sync with my other Apple products that its hard to switch. Also, the familiarity and simplicity of iOS are the two key factors as to why I might buy iPhone 5S this fall, not sure yet.

I got to admit, Galaxy S4 is a hell of a phone, I wish Apple would have a phone with as big of a screen as Samsung Note.

Tried Ubuntu, solid system, so I would think Ubuntu on phone would be good, hope they raise enough money, $32 mil is a big number.

Android is the best for mobile phone. While I think Ipad might be better for tablets since there still isn't a lot of apps customized for Android tablets. That will probably change in the future but it seems Apple still dominates the tablet market.

BB10> All.

Especially since with 10.2 pretty much all android apps work, which was really the only weakness of the OS. Now if only BlackBerry marketed it half decently... I swear if BB10 was a product of Apple or Samsung, it would have outsold both iPhone and S4.

Far be it for me to defend Apple........but tell me why Jobs sued both companies in European court a few years ago and won for them using his proprietary technology that they made hundreds of millions of euros from ? They were basically given usage rights from Jobs to use it and if they profited which they did by basically copying it and changing a few things they were pinched.

Far be it for me to defend Apple........but tell me why Jobs sued both companies in European court a few years ago and won for them using his proprietary technology that they made hundreds of millions of euros from ? They were basically given usage rights from Jobs to use it and if they profited which they did by basically copying it and changing a few things they were pinched.

Jobs did the right thing by sharing the technology. He would have been the first to tell you competition only makes you better. He leveled the playing field and now they are playing catch up and I am sure they will come up with something huge that everyone else will have to follow or one up inevitably.

http://en.wikipedia....Smartphone_wars

They have been suing each other over this crap for the past 4-5 years.

BB10> All.

Especially since with 10.2 pretty much all android apps work, which was really the only weakness of the OS. Now if only BlackBerry marketed it half decently... I swear if BB10 was a product of Apple or Samsung, it would have outsold both iPhone and S4.

Archived