The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Former Canuck Tambellini says Tanev 'would thrive in KHL or Swiss League'

CanucksFanMike

Who knows what's truly going on but it seems to me that Tanev has over played his hand and is too stubborn to change. If he thinks the Khl is the best thing for him good luck to him, all that will get him is a crappy rep with canuck fans.

I really like Tanev, he plays such a safe, smart, stay at home game that... well... is just a safe bet. However I agree with most people on here that, based on his resume (coming off his first contract, relatively low NHL experience, bottom pairing minutes, still developing), he really doesn't have much ground to stand upon for bartering a large contract (if that even is what the hold up is).

A short term contract at fair value is what I would like to see. Sign him for 2-3 years at 1.5m per, and see what he develops into. If he has the potential and works his way into the top 4 (tough top 4 to crack at the moment), then he can demand the money and term he deserves.

Who knows what's truly going on but it seems to me that Tanev has over played his hand and is too stubborn to change. If he thinks the Khl is the best thing for him good luck to him, all that will get him is a crappy rep with canuck fans.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+Tanev+would+thrive+Swiss+League+says/8785030/story.html

A little recruiting act by Tambo there…. MG just needs to get Tanev done before he bolts to Russia. Even though he is Canadian, he does have Russian parents so it is quite a realistic possibility that he does that.

All these assumptions and speculations are laughable. There have been no reports from either side of this negotiation. Before you completely trash the guy, along with Switzerland and Russia, could you just exercise some patience and wait until the beginning of the season?

The fear of rejection around here is incredible.

I said it SEEMS TO ME in other words my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong but posting my opinion would be as close to giving a source of my opinion I can. I didn't say that Tanev said the KHL was the best place for him I said IF Tanev thinks the KHL is the best place for him. I would think if you were going to to quote someone and make smartass remarks about it you would at least read the post and try to understand it. I didn't use particularly big words it should have been easy enough to follow.

Archived