LeanBeef

Just a quick question here,

So I found a macbook for sale (380 bucks) and here are the specs

Proc: 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 duo

Mem: 4gb 1067 MHZ DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

HD: 250GB

SOFTWARE: OS X 10.9

Just need it for schoolwork and browsing. Is it worth the 380 dollars?

Thanks in advance

Can we turn this into an official laptop thread? I'm in the process of looking for a new computer, my last one was a Sony Vaio S series (a few years old) and I was thinking of going the same route except customizing it. I was checking it out online at sony and after my customizations (maxing out the memory and processing options) it came to $1300. I am mostly using it for school/work, but also have a large library of music/photos/movies.

Are there any other computers I should be checking out before I go ahead and stay loyal to Sony?

OP,

I own a 2008 Macbook as my only computer and its still going strong. I'd agree with above posters about buying used computers except for Macbooks. I find them to be very dependable and do not slow down over time like other computers (especially if you upgrade the OS to 10.6.8). I use mine for programming, systems modeling, video editing, photoshop, steam, and as a media server and have absolutely no issues.

I'd buy it if I was you, but not before haggling a little bit. They are powerful little buggers and if you could get down to 250 or 300 that would be a steal.

OP,

I own a 2008 Macbook as my only computer and its still going strong. I'd agree with above posters about buying used computers except for Macbooks. I find them to be very dependable and do not slow down over time like other computers (especially if you upgrade the OS to 10.6.8). I use mine for programming, systems modeling, video editing, photoshop, steam, and as a media server and have absolutely no issues.

I'd buy it if I was you, but not before haggling a little bit. They are powerful little buggers and if you could get down to 250 or 300 that would be a steal.

I would rather wait until Haswell-powered MacbookPro comes out and get it with Retina display, which is what I'm getting this fall :)

The resolution of 2880-by-1800, trumps any other laptop resolution by miles and miles, its stunning.

Also, Mac products have the best in business resale value. While I agree with others saying that used products are dangerous to buy, its not the case with Apple products, which are built to last.

Just a quick question here,

So I found a macbook for sale (380 bucks) and here are the specs

Proc: 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 duo

Mem: 4gb 1067 MHZ DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

HD: 250GB

SOFTWARE: OS X 10.9

Just need it for schoolwork and browsing. Is it worth the 380 dollars?

Thanks in advance

I would rather wait until Haswell-powered MacbookPro comes out and get it with Retina display, which is what I'm getting this fall :)

The resolution of 2880-by-1800, trumps any other laptop resolution by miles and miles, its stunning.

Also, Mac products have the best in business resale value. While I agree with others saying that used products are dangerous to buy, its not the case with Apple products, which are built to last.

Can we turn this into an official laptop thread? I'm in the process of looking for a new computer, my last one was a Sony Vaio S series (a few years old) and I was thinking of going the same route except customizing it. I was checking it out online at sony and after my customizations (maxing out the memory and processing options) it came to $1300. I am mostly using it for school/work, but also have a large library of music/photos/movies.

Are there any other computers I should be checking out before I go ahead and stay loyal to Sony?

Archived