The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks Most Overpaid Player (Including every NHL team)

shinkaruk98

How can it be Booth for Vancouver? Booth gets paid by medical insurance, Vancouver doesn't pay a dime. If you want to include insurance money, I think sponsorship money should be included as well.

I also feel it is incredibly wrong to use salary and not cap hit as the measure. In other words, Garrison might be paid $6.5m in salary, but you could argue we are paying $4.5m for Garrison to play this season, and $2m for him to play 44% of the 2017-2018 season (where he makes $2.5m salary), so for the $6.5m we in theory get about 118 games out of him. I have to believe this article was written with the idea that Garrison's $6.5m only gets us his 82 games this year, which implies they don't understand NHL contracts.

Stupid to consider actual salary when the cap hit is reasonable. At least in most cases. It's not like Garrison's is a "till death do us part" deal like Lou's. Meaning there will be years actually "played" where he's underpaid. In a standard deal (5 years or less) the cap hit is all that should be considered.

It shows just how stupid (or ignorant if you prefer) The Bleacher Report is and why I pay little attention to most bloggers.

Stupid to consider actual salary when the cap hit is reasonable. At least in most cases. It's not like Garrison's is a "till death do us part" deal like Lou's. Meaning there will be years actually "played" where he's underpaid. In a standard deal (5 years or less) the cap hit is all that should be considered.

It shows just how stupid (or ignorant if you prefer) The Bleacher Report is and why I pay little attention to most bloggers.

Dumbass concept of overpaid - but not a surprise, considering it's a dumbass source.

Cherry picking a year out of a six year contract as if it indicates being overpaid is misleading and irrelevent - Garrison's real 'pay' is his cap hit, which is a bargain.

His contract is merely structured so that he makes a nice chunk of his earnings in the first three seasons, his signing bonuses setting up a player who had never made big money - he can go out and buy himself a nice house, etc - what the Bleacher list fails to realize is that in years 5 and 6 he'll be taking home 3.6 and 2.5 million... at which point, if he's still healthy, they can put him on their most underpaid list, derp.

Garrison is so reliable....he isn't flaky like edler or bieksa

Idk how booth isn't the consensus for the most overpaid Canuck...if he wasn't injured, it would be a toss up if he would have been bought out or not

Also I don't wanna stir the pot but burrows is gonna be paid 6m this year....idk I'm just sayin

Garrison is so reliable....he isn't flaky like edler or bieksa

Idk how booth isn't the consensus for the most overpaid Canuck...if he wasn't injured, it would be a toss up if he would have been bought out or not

Also I don't wanna stir the pot but burrows is gonna be paid 6m this year....idk I'm just sayin

Archived