The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why did they get rid of Corey Schneider?

marty344

When i first heard that the Canucks no. 2 goalie, Corey Scnheider got traded to the NJ Devils i couldn't believe it.

I thought he had some amazing games during the season when he played. Okay so he didn't have the best series against San Jose in the playoffs, but he was dealt a pretty bad hand to be thrown into the deepend with Luongo getting injured just before the start of the playoffs.

Keep in mind it was Scneidder who help defeat what would become the World Champions, the Chicago Blackhawks.

Does anyone else see the trading of Schneider as a bad move? What if Luongo gets injured again this season, especially close to or during the playoffs, then theyre up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to trade Luongo, or at least make Schneider no. 1 and start looking to the future and building the team around a young up and coming goalie.

I predict NJ will have a very good season and make it to the finals due in no small part to Schneider.

What does everyone else think?

Did you just say NJD will make the finals and have a very good season? Schnider wont carry them to the cup. Do you remember Kovalchuk went to Russia, whos going to make up for that offence?? Jagr? Martys still #1 therefore CS is a backup for Marty.

seriously, why do we need a thread about this...if you have been following the canucks you would know why we had to deal corey.... i had a feeling it would happen a long time ago, actually right after the nhl trade deadline when the canucks couldn't trade lu....

How many more years can Luongo play before he gives it up? I take it goalies tend to have more lenghty careers then the other players as they have less chance of injuries such as concussions.

But even if this season and the seasons to come he plays briliantly and stay injury free, what happens when they do retire. I would have thought Schneider would have been the perfect goalie to replace him, but now its going to have to be a young goalie with very little in game experience.

How many more years can Luongo play before he gives it up? I take it goalies tend to have more lenghty careers then the other players as they have less chance of injuries such as concussions.

But even if this season and the seasons to come he plays briliantly and stay injury free, what happens when they do retire. I would have thought Schneider would have been the perfect goalie to replace him, but now its going to have to be a young goalie with very little in game experience.

Schneider should have gotten this team a top-6 forward or top-4 defenceman, prospect and a pick. Instead we get a single first rounder.

I was always for trading one of our goalies, as long as the return was reasonable. 9th overall would have been reasonable for Luongo, not Schneider.

Schneider is the better goalie today, anyone who says otherwise is locked in a Luongo love box.

That being said, I had absolutely no problem trading Schneider but I do have a problem with what we got in return.

We basically blew 2 seasons with all this goalie crap and indured the 3C gong show so we could aquire 9th overall!!!

AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A 3C!!!!!

disgusting

Poke my eyes out I have seen enough.

Archived