Booth Kesler Hansen

Higgins Santorelli Richardson

Sestito Smithson Weise

Hamhuis Weber

Garrison Tanev

Zanon Corrado

Luongo

Lack

^ = A hybrid VAN/NAS/FLA team. Offence from VAN, D from NAS and $ from FLA. :ph34r:

Can't really see it happening. I would rather keep Edler, Bieksa, Kassian then acquire Weber for those players. Depth is really important especially during the Playoffs. If Weber goes down for a month or so, who is there to replace him? Well there is a couple guys who could step in but our other two pairings wouldn't look great.

The same insane cap circumventing contract lasts till he is 40. I would hedge my bets on Weber actually completing that contract. He has missed a total of 9 games in his past 5 seasons. We are seeing more and more players playing in their 40s. No reason why Weber cannot do the same.

For all you know. And you are wrong Weber is still miles ahead of Edler.

Also lol at "100% false". I would still argue he remains the best in the Western Conference. Who is better? Suter? I would still take Weber. I am a Hawks fan and I would take Weber over Keith as well.

"Canucks are late bloomers", lolz did you expect Patrick White to bloom late as well? Whether a player is a late bloomer depends on that player.

Karlsson and Letang are even half as physical or good enough defensively as Weber. Defensemens are made to play defense not to score goals. You don't see Karlsson, Letang, Keith, Seabrook, Subban shutting down world class players down. Just think of Pronger in his prime to this guy. Don't just open up the point stats when you want to debate defensemens.

Karlsson and Letang are even half as physical or good enough defensively as Weber. Defensemens are made to play defense not to score goals. You don't see Karlsson, Letang, Keith, Seabrook, Subban shutting down world class players down. Just think of Pronger in his prime to this guy. Don't just open up the point stats when you want to debate defensemens.

You guys make a good point about Pronger in his prime. Good example.

Weber is like Pronger in his prime, playing on a team limited by budget, who has shown interest in playing here and hasn't tried to deli slice Kesler's leg.

I hate the thought of trading away any players on this team, especially ones drafted and developed.

But it's Shea Weber. And he would make this team stronger. Much like Pronger would have in his prime.

Archived