The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signature Wars] Battle #3

RL.

[Signature Wars] Battle #3  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why? do you feel they take less work/talent (which if anything they take more) or do you just lack the ability to do them so you discriminate against them?

Yes, they do use existing pictures. However, there is a difference between taking renders, stocks, ect and making something from a blank canvass, rather than taking a gif that's already made and putting a face on it.

That would be like if I took the Edler sig ChenWei91 made, put an effect or two on it and said it was mine.

And you're right, a lot of people on CDC take inspiration from others on here because they are just starting out / haven't been making sigs that long. However, to say they all look the same and are not creative is wrong IMO. Personally, I don't think the first signature is all that creative either. Seeing as they just put Toews' face in place of another face. They took the idea of the original gif and put their own spin on it. Much like how others on CDC do with other sigs.

It's all just a matter of opinion though, and I respect yours.

I don't want to turn this thread into a argument over something like this.

Yes, they do use existing pictures. However, there is a difference between taking renders, stocks, ect and making something from a blank canvass, rather than taking a gif that's already made and putting a face on it.

That would be like if I took the Edler sig ChenWei91 made, put an effect or two on it and said it was mine.

And you're right, a lot of people on CDC take inspiration from others on here because they are just starting out / haven't been making sigs that long. However, to say they all look the same and are not creative is wrong IMO. Personally, I don't think the first signature is all that creative either. Seeing as they just put Toews' face in place of another face. They took the idea of the original gif and put their own spin on it. Much like how others on CDC do with other sigs.

It's all just a matter of opinion though, and I respect yours.

I don't want to turn this thread into a argument over something like this.

Archived