The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Avenged Sevenfold fans.

zombieksa

Just listened to it today and I'm not a fan. Way too much Sabbath/Maiden/Metallica worship and too few original ideas. In the past, they could make up for occasionally substandard songwriting with top-notch musicianship, but I'm not hearing that here. The lyrics are also pretty bad, even for A7X. I wasn't expecting a return to the glory days of Waking the Fallen, but this doesn't measure up even with their newer material.

Just listened to it today and I'm not a fan. Way too much Sabbath/Maiden/Metallica worship and too few original ideas. In the past, they could make up for occasionally substandard songwriting with top-notch musicianship, but I'm not hearing that here. The lyrics are also pretty bad, even for A7X. I wasn't expecting a return to the glory days of Waking the Fallen, but this doesn't measure up even with their newer material.

6 studio. You can start with any album really as they all have a different sound but I would suggest starting with City of Evil

Shepherd of Fire just kicks you in the ass from the get go. Running through it again and really enjoying it.

I just finished listening to it and I gotta disagree with you on that. I'm not the world's biggest fan or anything but I do like the band and can say with a great deal of confidence that this is one of, if not the best album they've put out. Its pretty obvious they wanted to go back to simple, straight forward metal, and they did a fantastic job. If its not your cup of tea thats fine, but I really enjoyed this album.

Notable tracks

- Unholy Confessions, is like their anthem, their first big hit, young heavy and naive

- Bat Country, homage to Hunter S Thompson just a fun song.

- Betrayed, song dedicated to the death of Dimebag Darrell

- Seize the day, First popular ballard if you are into that thing.

- Brompton Cocktail, my personal favourite track on their ST album

- Scream, groove metal at its finest.

Archived