The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Mtl

This deal isn't bad value wise but I wouldn't do it..... I think Edler will respond well to Tortarella and Jensen could become a similar player to Pacioretty in the future if he pans out. I really like what I have seen from him thus far and I believe he is on the right path to being a real productive power forward for us.

We hardly need that. They are easy to find anyway. Jensen may be nhl ready but he won't be as good as pacioretty for at least 3 years if he even turns out that good. And we don't need a 1st? Nah were good. Cuz we don't want a 1st round pick in a deeper draft then last year. Sure.

Pacioretty is Montreal's only big top 6 winger out of that group. If this years draft is any indication Bergevin is trying to get his team bigger. Trading their best, biggest top 6 winger and a 6'6" defenceman doesnt help the cause. And for the record, Diaz was on a .5 point a game pace and posted a +4 rating before he got hurt, all in his second season in the league. He definitely has top 4 potential.. Edler had a lower points per game average and a -5 rating.

Montreal turns down this deal without a second thought

and theyre losing a legit PROVEN top line scoring winger. Jensen can not and will not replace him in the near future

And Edler may be big but he's coming off a serious back injury and has been quoted as saying he doubts he'll ever be 100%

As I said, Montreal is a better team keeping the players they have.

you don say. Tell me who is going to fill the void of a young 60 point power forward? Eller and Galchenyuk are centers, Bourque is incinsistent and is coming off two injury riddled seasons, Gallagher, Briere Desharnais Gionta are all undersized. So who replaces Pacioretty as their only proven top line winger WITH SIZE?

Need? and nope you don't. I see where your coming from. But Jensen is bigger than Pac so ur point? and if were going to say a player than can make a impact right away Jensen may not be that player but he will make a big impact and will only get better with experience. He is a pure goal scorer.and since im apparently wrong u make a proposal. I want Tinordi and Pacioretty coming to Vancouver trade away whoever you like and ill see if u can make a better trade

Jenson, with his 2 games of NHL experience can hardly be considered an adequate replacement for Pacioretty on Montreal's Top line. Montreal has no reason at all to trade him away. He's a piece of the young core that Bergevin is building. He's in he same age bracket as Subban and Price. You don't trade him away for a player that MIGHT be as good in a few years.

The bottom line is there really isn't any trade between these two teams that makes sense and would end with Pacioretty and Tinordi in Vancouver. Just because you'd like a player doesn't mean there is a logical way to make it happen

NO really??? I didn't say Jensen would replace Pac right away did I. And its not cause I like Tinordi and Pac that's why I want them on the team. I want them on the team because there young and I feel they will thrive under torts and have solid years and they will bring a lot to the team youth and size. And you have to give up good players to get good players and that's what I felt I did. Edler I feel needs a change of scenery and is still a top 2 d-man on a good team,and Jensen just doesn't fit into our lineup,Montreal I feel he would play great with galchenyuk and gallagher I tried to come up with a trade that I thought would work for both teams.

NO really??? I didn't say Jensen would replace Pac right away did I. And its not cause I like Tinordi and Pac that's why I want them on the team. I want them on the team because there young and I feel they will thrive under torts and have solid years and they will bring a lot to the team youth and size. And you have to give up good players to get good players and that's what I felt I did. Edler I feel needs a change of scenery and is still a top 2 d-man on a good team,and Jensen just doesn't fit into our lineup,Montreal I feel he would play great with galchenyuk and gallagher I tried to come up with a trade that I thought would work for both teams.

Archived