The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau admits...he's a junkie (according to Conservatives)

Warhippy

Here's my take on it.

The stimate is almost $2 billion spent yearly fighting marijuana, and then an additional $4.8 billion spent in both jailing, court fees, policing, staffing etc etc etc all tied in.

If we are really looking at almost $7 billion in expenditures and court issues all told fighting a friggin plant we need to re-evaluate things.

If the other side of the argument is that taxation could in theory net Canada $3 billion or more in profit from the sale of this plant as well as the added costs of becoming a tourist spot for people like Portugal and Amsterdam for this then the added value is billions more per year./

So in theory "THEORY" savings and profits could net this country over $14 billion ish, free up needed space in prisons, free up much needed spots in courtroom queues, free up staff both in prisons and local and federal law enforcement agencies and also additionally almost fund the entire health care system by itself via money brought in and money saved.

If this is what it takes than by all means please go ahead and do it, if nothing else the advertisements would be amazingly funny to watch.

Again though, back to the story at hand. I am laughing long and hard at the Conservative caucus claiming he is skirting the law with this admission as we deal with repeated and untold electoral issues, misspending, senatorial theft of tax dollars and of course harper having a known criminal in his top staff twice all while running from a charge of contempt of parliament.

Again though, back to the story at hand. I am laughing long and hard at the Conservative caucus claiming he is skirting the law with this admission as we deal with repeated and untold electoral issues, misspending, senatorial theft of tax dollars and of course harper having a known criminal in his top staff twice all while running from a charge of contempt of parliament.

Legalization, taxation and reducing police/court/prison resources wasted on it would drastically help budgets at numerous government levels.

Some of those tax dollars could/should be spent on health care (particularly real drug abuse problems) and education.

So no I don't think it's simply a "smoke screen". I think you're right that there are more facets to those problems as well as other problems that are just as, if not more, important. But I think you dismiss marijuana policy to easily as "unimportant".

Archived