The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau admits...he's a junkie (according to Conservatives)

Warhippy

I meant nobody here between myself and TOML... like I said, I support legalization for taxation dollars as well as finally having an open debate on the harmful effects... but I have a sinking suspicion the biggest change will be to alleviate the guilty conscience of weed smokers.

Hmm, well we have drug education already, but we can fund a lot of things with pot money, i suppose.

*Better drug education. Heck, better education overall.

Hey, that money may help us to solve some of our big problems, like healthcare funding as well, wouldn't you say?

Yes I would say. I believe I did on page two in fact.

I wonder how many other problems pot money can solve.

Probably quite a few. Hence this subjects importance despite your and ilduce's efforts to frame it otherwise.

One post you condemn Harper's love for 'evil' alcohol. The next you praise the US for getting all that money from re-legalizing alcohol. Okay, whatever.

One has to wonder if pot is the line, or if in the future they'll legalize and tax crystal meth, crack and heroin. No? Never? If alcohol is 'worse than pot' and they make that legal, then who's to say what the line will be years from now? (Ah who am i kidding? Prescription narcotics are the way to go forward.)

I meant nobody here between myself and TOML... like I said, I support legalization for taxation dollars as well as finally having an open debate on the harmful effects... but I have a sinking suspicion the biggest change will be to alleviate the guilty conscience of weed smokers.

Lower mainland gang war of 2009: 20 people killed, including teenagers and young women, 40 people injured. Entire area living in state of public fear for months. For weed.

Sure, legalize it. Too late though to sweep all those bodies under the rug. All illegal drug users are accountable in this light. Like it or not, you're part of it.

But after it's legal, this gangster crap, at least the deaths for pot, will likely stop. Yay.

Can I interject again here guys?

If we are spending almost $7 billion all told fighting this tying up court costs jails prison guards law enforcement etc, and we could possibly net almost $7 billion from tourism and taxation.

Than we stand to actually make or at least gain a rough $14 billion in cash from this. We keep it out of the hands of genuine criminals and have space in courts and prisons to prosecute and house them and still have $$ left over to fund education and healthcare

Its like this, in good laymans terms.

Take 2 failing teams in the NHL, Florida and Phoenix who constantly lose money therefore dragging down league wide revenues. move them to hockey mad markets, Seattle and Markham or Quebec.

They are now making a boatload of cash

This is 2 less drains + 2 more moneymakers ='ling a 4 time increase via no money going and more money coming in.

Legalization would be the same thing. I for one don't even care as we've so many more issues facing us than the persecution of a plant and to attempt to vilify someone based on very casual use of said plant is ridiculous when we have MP's facing drunk driving charges and expense scandals.

I for one think that general legalization is a good thing, decriminalization of course being just as good but without the cash windfall we could make.

You didn't say upset. You said "guilty conscience". I'm "upset" and I don't even smoke it anymore.

Ummm.... that's an argument PRO legalization :blink: The people who should feel guilty about that are our politicians/lawmakers who's shortsightedness has allowed a useless drug war rage on uselessly for far too many years and put innocent people's lives in jeopardy because of it.

I've just seen too many people get upset and touchy about the subject. I've be-bopped onto threads about gay rights, dead celebrities, overdoses, racism, etc.. and people get passionate... talk bad about Weed? That's like throwing rocks at a hornets nest.

There's an emotional connection there.. and it's not all about tax dollars an altruism. People are feeling judged.

Archived