The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Broker: Vancouver Heritage Classic tickets not selling well

-Vintage Canuck-

Kingsley Bailey thinks prices will drop closer to March:

Vancouver (NEWS1130) – Pre-sale tickets for the Heritage Classic hockey game in Vancouver are not selling very well, according to one broker.

Kingsley Bailey with Vancouver Ticket doesn’t have hard numbers, but says there are a few reasons people aren’t snatching up the tickets. ”It’s a one-off game but it’s buried with six Heritage Classic games this year. We don’t have the best Canadian team as our opposition and the prices are way too high.”

Bailey thinks you should wait to buy tickets because they are likely to drop in price.

“It’s happened in the past where they have decided to drop tickets, they did it for the playoffs last year, where they dropped them 21 per cent. If they did that for the playoffs last year, I don’t see it being a problem happening for the Heritage Classic,” he explains.

Prices for the open-air game start at $93.00 for the first row seats. Those seats are field-level, where you won’t be able to see much, with the rink at least 50 feet away.

The game is happening at BC Place on Sunday, March 2nd against the Ottawa Senators.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/08/21/heritage-classic-hockey-game-not-selling-well-broker/

yep, i have had season tickets for 10+years now and i refused to buy the classic on principle. $150-200 to sit in the 400 level of bc place? they must be joking.

edit:

not to mention in march bc place will not even be an open air stadium march statistics place rain in vancouver at around 62%. If it was a better opponent, an actual open air stadium, in WINTER then you know what they might get their prices. But they dont have any of those things going for them.

The only real selling point is "come watch with 50,000 people and cheer on your team". yeah no thanks.

I know quite a few people who are straight up boycotting this event and telling others to do so also lol. (including TV) They thought that this was going to be an opportunity for fans with less financial flexibility to get to a game. Then they saw the ticket prices and now this is a game that at best will be experienced on the radio haha

PS I'm not one of those people. I'm still flipping on the tube lol

Total cash grab. I was some of the better seats in the Heritage Classic in Calgary, $90.

At least I could see the ice. $100 to see absolutely nothing is pretty steep.

Also, the timeframe seems dumb, wouldn't they have a better chance at outdoor hockey weather earlier in the season?

Archived