The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kittens at work

Froggy Fresh

The Humane Society, and there may be other groups in your area, that are dedicated to the caring of feral cats. If the SPCA is too full or indicates that they may be put down, search out the Humane Society in your area or ask the SPCA about groups that cater to feral cats. As you obviously care about this situation, ask yourself what more you can do besides the good advice you've already recieved on here.

In Richmond, RAPS is a better option than the SPCA in my view. Not sure where you're located, but there are places that are better suited overall

Some of the responses have been removed...please use sensitivity and refrain from the answers that are inhumane and offensive

In Richmond, RAPS is a better option than the SPCA in my view. Not sure where you're located, but there are places that are better suited overall

Some of the responses have been removed...please use sensitivity and refrain from the answers that are inhumane and offensive

Here's an update for any of you guys who were interested.

When we came back to work the next morning (yesterday morning), all of the kittens but one were gone. We assume the mother took the rest of them somewhere safer. We left the kitten alone all day hoping that the mother would come back and take the last one.

It was meowing all day and I felt so bad for him so I decided to take him to the vet after work to see what I could do. They told me they couldn't really help me out much besides giving me kitten formula, a bottle, and a number to a woman who takes in kittens. I think she was a vet or something so I brought the little guy in to her.

She told me that she takes in kittens all the time (something like 150 this year) and that she would keep and take care of him until he's 8 weeks old. After that he will be put into a loving home that take care of him hopefully for the rest of his life, which is much better than being a stray.

Anyways, feels good knowing that the little guy is in good hands. My sister snapped a quick picture of him before we brought him over to the lady who takes in kittens, which I'll post in a bit. It was a pretty crappy photo, but you guys can get a good look at how small he really was.

Thanks for all the help you guys provided!

Archived