The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What remaining UFA'S would you like to have on are team?

OUR team.....

Could use Hainsey or Boyes, maybe LaRose , Sellanne, Morrow, Cleary, Mueller, Brunner, Maybe Steckel.

Any of those would be ok, but in all honesty I think we could jump in for forward depth more so than defensive as we've defensive help that can jump in fairly seamlessly where as our forward depth is still so young and raw

My opinion only

On paper this team is not impressing me

lets not forget we were freaking sweeped last year

gillis you have upset me again and 1nce again i had zero hope in you

o yeah lets wait for our supposed young players to be our guys >>>dream on

canucks ever had a star ---------> a real star since the days of Pavel bure ---> ryan kesler toook for ever to develop

not impressed one bit with this joke gms moves im actaully rattled!! GUESS HE FORGET WE WERE SWEEPED BY THE SHARKS AND I GUESS HE FORGOT WE COULD NOT SCORE GOALS

On paper this team is not impressing me

lets not forget we were freaking sweeped last year

gillis you have upset me again and 1nce again i had zero hope in you

o yeah lets wait for our supposed young players to be our guys >>>dream on

canucks ever had a star ---------> a real star since the days of Pavel bure ---> ryan kesler toook for ever to develop

not impressed one bit with this joke gms moves im actaully rattled!! GUESS HE FORGET WE WERE SWEEPED BY THE SHARKS AND I GUESS HE FORGOT WE COULD NOT SCORE GOALS

I like Hainsey, but I think he has a lot of options and may want bigger minutes than he's likely to see here.

Most realistically - I'd want Steckel as a faceoff/shutdown option for the fourth line - and he'd be a reasonable cap hit.

Latendresse may be another good depth option.

The other option - of holding onto that cap space and seeing what opens up as teams with no leverage have to shed cap - is pretty attractive. There's likely to be some pretty sweet cap dump deals as things heat up....

I think Brendan Morrow would be a good veteran presence and a guy who can play throughout the lineup. He probably won't score over 20 goals but I still think he has enough offensive ability for top 6 spot duty, especially with Booth likely not starting the season. He fills in offensive holes and in a healthy lineup he can move down to the Richardson line making us a four line team (I think Weise can plug 11 or 12 minutes per night).

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Hansen

Higgins Schroeder Morrow

Weise Richardson Sestito

Santorelli

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Hansen

Booth Schroeder Kassian

Weise Richardson Morrow

As of right now, the lineup looks something like this:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Hansen

Booth - Schroeder - Higgins

Santorelli - Richardson - Weise

Sestito

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Weber - Tanev

Alberts

Luongo

Lack

It seems like the team is set and the only possible changes could come from youth impressing the staff. If we signed Mueller to a bargain deal, having a forward corps like this seems excessive:

Sedin Sedin Kassian 18 minutes

Booth Kesler Mueller 17 minutes

Burrows Schroeder Hansen 13 minutes

Higgins Richardson Santorelli 12 minutes

Doesn't seem to shabby.

Offense on every line and amazing forward depth.

I'd say sign Meuller cause he'd come cheap compared to someone like Brunner.

Archived