The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Cgy

To Calgary:

David Booth

To Vancouver:

Mike Cammalleri

The Flames would receive a younger, cheaper, and extended player beyond this season, whom also fits the mold of that north, south style that they want to play more of. Given the reasoning for the Tanguay deal, and the fact that Cammalleri has asked for a trade, I think this is a no brainer for the Flames.

The Canucks get a guy that can produce a solid secondary number, and has been a very good playoff performer. He's also UFA at season end, and the cap space would be freed up, which could be used to make a significant UFA signing if availible. He would imo be a a solid winger for Kesler, and could take the draws on Keslers weak side, as MC has a career .53 success rate. While MC does not boast the size or net drive of Booth, he is smarter, more skilled, and would instantly make the 2nd unit PP a threat.

The Canucks currently have just over 2M in cap space, which would men that it would be a tight fit, but a fit nonetheless.

sedin sedin kassian

cammalleri kesler burrows

higgins richardson hansen

sestito gaunce weise

schroeder

hamhuis bieksa

edler tanev

alberts garrison

weber

luongo

lack

thoughts?

Calgary wouldn't do it. Booth isn't exactly the kind of player you go out an aquire when you're at the beginning of a rebuild. Calgary would be better off getting a package of picks and prospects for Cammalleri than an overpaid, under-performing, oft-injured Booth

I would be shocked if CGY gets a "package" for Cammy. Unless the package was a 4th, a 5th, and a bag of pucks. Maybe at the deadline they'll get a 2nd and busted prospect. Noone is going to take on 6 million this season. Any other and they'd get more value back, Feaster has done a terrible job.

I'd do it, hopefully Feaster would too (and offers to retain salary B)). Cammy's good and does indeed seem like a better fit with Kes in that he can both pass and be a quality triggerman, so there's less of an imbalance than having two bulls in one china shop. Also, Mike can skate and keep up. If he's healthy this trade could be quite a steal (I'd even throw in a pick to the Flames just to sweeten the pot).

I would be shocked if CGY gets a "package" for Cammy. Unless the package was a 4th, a 5th, and a bag of pucks. Maybe at the deadline they'll get a 2nd and busted prospect. Noone is going to take on 6 million this season. Any other and they'd get more value back, Feaster has done a terrible job.

And when Cammalleri is healthy he can get 30-40 goals. In the playoffs he has 32 points in 32 career games. When Montreal went on that run a few years ago Cammy scored a ridiculous 13 goals in 17 games for crying out loud. We have Kesler, Burrows, and Kassian for toughness in the top six. Getting Cammalleri would give us a lethal top six

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Cammalleri - Kesler - Burrows

>

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

IMO trading for Cammalleri would allow us to split up the Twins.

As are most NHLers according to CDC.

Archived