The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Restaurant in BC

Mangoes

There are different categories for "best". Best overall taste. Best atmosphere. Best pricing in relation to food quality.

My situation means I can't eat out at "the best" restaurants. But my "favourite" restaurant is a dark little cave called LA Grill. Very limited menu, but everything is consistently good and cheaper than McDonalds. It's always packed as a result, but the waitresses are super friendly and it's a happy, casual atmosphere. Burgers after 8:30 pm for $4.95 (come with an always fresh salad and potatoes on the side) and daily specials that don't go over ten bucks. We tend to go back there because, why not?

My other hidden little treasure is The Blue Plate Cafe. It's in an awful spot, but survives on a breakfast/lunch menu despite this....the food quality is that good. It's off River Road in Richmond and is run by a super friendly Jamaican family (Dad, twin daughters, Grandma, etc.). Every single thing is fresh/homemade. The owner always comes out and sits/chats with me (and other regulars). I loved his response one day when I told him that I appreciated his fresh food....he said that a hired waitress once asked "is this good?" and smelled some mayo or something. He said that he told her that if she felt the need to smell it to tell, throw it out. It's questionable. Now, maybe from a business stand point that's not the best option, but from a customer standpoint it surely is.

Torta Rustica panini is my favourte. I've heard the butter chicken is superb. They make their own basil mayo that goes on their homemade burgers that's to die for. People rave about their samosas and beef dip. Fish & Chips. Salads. For a small place, a pretty impressive number of options.

There are different categories for "best". Best overall taste. Best atmosphere. Best pricing in relation to food quality.

My situation means I can't eat out at "the best" restaurants. But my "favourite" restaurant is a dark little cave called LA Grill. Very limited menu, but everything is consistently good and cheaper than McDonalds. It's always packed as a result, but the waitresses are super friendly and it's a happy, casual atmosphere. Burgers after 8:30 pm for $4.95 (come with an always fresh salad and potatoes on the side) and daily specials that don't go over ten bucks. We tend to go back there because, why not?

My other hidden little treasure is The Blue Plate Cafe. It's in an awful spot, but survives on a breakfast/lunch menu despite this....the food quality is that good. It's off River Road in Richmond and is run by a super friendly Jamaican family (Dad, twin daughters, Grandma, etc.). Every single thing is fresh/homemade. The owner always comes out and sits/chats with me (and other regulars). I loved his response one day when I told him that I appreciated his fresh food....he said that a hired waitress once asked "is this good?" and smelled some mayo or something. He said that he told her that if she felt the need to smell it to tell, throw it out. It's questionable. Now, maybe from a business stand point that's not the best option, but from a customer standpoint it surely is.

Torta Rustica panini is my favourte. I've heard the butter chicken is superb. They make their own basil mayo that goes on their homemade burgers that's to die for.

Guest Gumballthechewy

No such thing.

My favourite place to eat however is the Station pub in Grand Forks, can't beat pub food.

As for chain restaurants, The Keg has always been my favourite.

The Driftwood.

It's an all-you-can-eat Chinese/Seafood buffet on the Island Highway just south of Campbell River. The fact that there's the food's so delicious and you can eat so much of it makes it my favourite resturant.

Although tbh I haven't eaten at a ton of resturants, I usually prefer home-made food.

Archived