The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Playoff Bound For Sure This Season

Mangoes

Canucks Playoff Bound This Season  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say our Canucks will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. Luongo is always unpredictable and I believe Luo will have as good of a season as he did in 2011 when our Canucks lost in '11. I believe this year is our year. Canucks will win the cup this year this season.

What do you think? Will our Canucks make it to this years Cup final and win it?

It will take some surprises from some of our youth and some great coaching but we still have a solid core, one of the best defenses in the league and a potential all star goalie so its not outside of the realm of possibility, health is also a factor of course.

We know the Sedins will give us what they always do, consistency, where Torts needs to focus is where he can get big lifts and some incremental gains.

Big Lifts

1. Get Kelser back to the selke/30 plus goal range

2. Get Lou back to being a top 5 goalie

3. Get Edler back to being an All Star

Incremental but likely the difference between an early playoff exit and getting deep

1. Get 20 out of Booth

2. Get 15, consistency and physical play from Kassian

3. Get consistency out of Higgins

4. Ensure Burr stays in the 25- 30 goal range even if he's on the second line (ie give him pp time for once!)

5. Ensure our 4th line plays its role to pefection.

6. Ensure Garrison plays as well defensively but can contribute more offensively this year.

7. A potential surprise from Gaunce or Horvat (their size alone would help us even on the 4th line as they are both big bodies)

8. Schroeder shows he can take the next step and be solid as a third center.

I see that as Tort's role...if he can do it/get that out of his players...we have a shot...alot of work ahead of him and certainly very dependent on keeping healthy

Basically, the stars have to play like stars, and we need improvement from our support players...almost self explanatory! lol

I say our Canucks will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. Luongo is always unpredictable and I believe Luo will have as good of a season as he did in 2011 when our Canucks lost in '11. I believe this year is our year. Canucks will win the cup this year this season.

What do you think? Will our Canucks make it to this years Cup final and win it?

They'll be lucky to make it past the first round with the current roster. Our biggest issue last year SECONDARY SCORING has not be addressed and barring a major trade or rookie surprises it will be an issue again especially in the playoffs.

I think Torts will take us to at least the 2nd round.... we can hope we go farther and maybe get on a run and win the cup. But, in order for that to happen we need a number of things to fall into place: Kassian and Booth need to be regular offensive producers, Lu needs to stand on his head, and we need to avoid injuries.

I think Torts will take us to at least the 2nd round.... we can hope we go farther and maybe get on a run and win the cup. But, in order for that to happen we need a number of things to fall into place: Kassian and Booth need to be regular offensive producers, Lu needs to stand on his head, and we need to avoid injuries.

For me the problem the past 5 years was always coaching, I think it will be a great year or a terrible one, all depends on how the players respond to Torts. I honestly see either a Stanley Cup or a bottom 5 finish. Hopefully the former.

Archived