The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to be a Vancouverite 101

nucklehead

For someone so obsessed with what words mean and imply, he really seems to have a lot of trouble with that eh? I'm telling you, he's adorably juvenile.

I lasted two philosophy lectures before I switched into a pathogenesis class. Lit can't be that bad I hope.

She'll probably be too busy looking for a job while working two service industry jobs to pay off her debt with few real career prospects due to our failed, archaic education system, a lack of a federal ministry for education, globalization and the economy.

I looked at the Lit classes available as I needed a non-first year English for my BA... "Science Fiction Literature" I saw, awesome, I said.. sounds like fun.

We spent the entire second class picking out phallic symbols in short stories and movie clips.

One class we spent talking about how the "monster creation description" in Frankenstein was basically one big allusion to male masturbation. (Trying to create life without a partner.)

It was years ago and there was more.. but it was all about weird sexual stuff and every author we read other than short stories were lesbians and that dictated the conversation. I have no problem with some of that but I signed up for "science fiction" - not "gender studies" or "awkward sexual discussion" ... needless to say I skipped a lot, took my C+ and never looked back.

Just to weigh in as someone who's read your posts in this thread all at once, you've posted a lot while saying vary little. It's almost like talking to a psychiatrist who just takes whatever you say and turns it into a question?

"I'm worried I'm depressed."

"Why are you worried you're depressed?"

Actually, even that's not correct, that sounds helpful where your replies have been very much devoid of any kind of indication as to what you're actually saying.

Archived