The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let Lack compete for the starting job

King Heffy

Given the Luongo interview making it appear likely that he won't be back after the upcoming season, I think it's time to give Lack a legit shot at the #1 spot if he outplays Lu. It would be incredibly dangerous to rely on Luongo, and then put in an untested goalie when Roberto starts to play like trash in the playoffs yet again.

We have a new coach who won't be playing favourites nearly as much as the idiot he replaced. Goaltending should be no exception. Either Luongo plays well enough to be the undisputed starter or he can spend another season as a backup.

Chill out it's an interview don't take everything in such a serous matter he may still be here next year. No where in his interview did he say "he's looking to be bought out next summer".

Edit: Please stop showing your emotional detachment to Luongo on the board we have all read it about a million times in all the Luo vs Shnieder forums. (We get it)

Oh look another "fruit" complaining about Luongo obviously without watching the ENTIRE interview...

Seriously, if you hate OUR goalie so much go to the dome with the saddle and cheer for that team. I'm sure your love of goaltending and goaltenders won't suffer while cheering for a team that has neither.

Honestly....watch the ENTIRE interview or just do us a favor, those of us who like our entire team, just keep it shut.

Besides, Lack isn't even a lock with Torts as coach, Erikkson or Cannata has just as much of a chance as Lack without the major season ending hip surgery recovery....

Silly fruit

Given the Luongo interview making it appear likely that he won't be back after the upcoming season, I think it's time to give Lack a legit shot at the #1 spot if he outplays Lu. It would be incredibly dangerous to rely on Luongo, and then put in an untested goalie when Roberto starts to play like trash in the playoffs yet again.

We have a new coach who won't be playing favourites nearly as much as the idiot he replaced. Goaltending should be no exception. Either Luongo plays well enough to be the undisputed starter or he can spend another season as a backup.

The more of Kiwi's posts I read, the more I realize how consistently he (or she?) posts nonsense. And the saddest part, is that I don't think this is intentional trolling.

Lack will have every opportunity to impress, I'm sure of that. But for goodness sake, I can't fathom how some people fail to recognize Luongo as a great, elite, goalie. It's just straight silly.

Let me be very clear about this: WE ARE DAMN LUCKY TO HAVE LUONGO. Simple as that.

Archived