The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What The Hell NHL Network!?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

What's with the crappy programming on the NHL network lately? It's all games from the last five years and the specials all suck too. I want games from the 70's and 80's and early 90's! I want specials teaching me about the history and evolution of hockey! Last year they had a buch of good programming, they were showing the Oilers run for the Cup in the 80's and toppling Bossy's Islanders. It was great to watch two legendary teams battle for the Cup. I also caught this show on the histroy of the curved stick, fascinating stuff.

Sorry about the rant, I'm stuck at home today with the flu and I'm bored out of my mind and there's nothing good on TV!

At least you guys in Canada have TSN and Sportsnet..down here with ESPN (may as well be called "the football network") we barely get any hockey coverage...and the coverage I get is lame-ass Blackhawks coverage.

But yeah, NHL network has been crappy recently.....I guess it's that time of year...no trades, not really any huge signings.. they need to show games from the '94 cup finals....that would be awesome!

What's with the crappy programming on the NHL network lately? It's all games from the last five years and the specials all suck too. I want games from the 70's and 80's and early 90's! I want specials teaching me about the history and evolution of hockey! Last year they had a buch of good programming, they were showing the Oilers run for the Cup in the 80's and toppling Bossy's Islanders. It was great to watch two legendary teams battle for the Cup. I also caught this show on the histroy of the curved stick, fascinating stuff.

Sorry about the rant, I'm stuck at home today with the flu and I'm bored out of my mind and there's nothing good on TV!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Agreed. Lately, they have been showing quite a lot of games from the previous 3 years. I would like to see more of 90's/early 00's games. I have ESPN Classic and they show more Vintage games (70's, 80's, 90's) than NHL Network does.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gumballthechewy

I got ESPN Classic (153 in Vancouver)as a part of the package when I picked up the Sportsnet 1channel (159) for Canucks games

Archived