The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)New Canuck Richardson fast forwards his way to Vancouver

naslund.is.king

The best thing for this team would be if Schroeder won the 3C job, unless Booth isn't healthy and Schroeder makes the top 6.

I don't think there's much of a chance for any of our prospects to make the team except maybe Grabner and that's only if he lights it up in preseason.

" Alberts, who was an unrestricted free agent and re-signed a one-year deal with Vancouver for $600,000 last week, has a chance at more minutes, what with Ballard’s spot opening up. "

More minutes in the press box ? Because, sadly that is where Ballard ended up most nights. . . .

I think a good scenario has the Canucks icing a scoring third line, centered by Schroeder with a fourth line picking up checking/energy detail, filling the gap, and playing against the other teams scorers when the Kesler line needs a break. Not many players would be able to fill the role as well as Richardson.

We have about 3 mil left. I think GMMG is waiting to see if either Gaunce or Horvat can take 3C, otherwise he'll make some sort of deal or FA signing to fill it. Pretty sure Richardson is slated for 4C. If we go SEDIN-SEDIN-BURROWS / HIGGINS-KESLER-BOOTH / KASSIAN-________-HANSEN / SESTITO-RICHARDSON-WEISE-SANTORELLI we're in pretty good shape. Some players (Higgins, Hansen, Burrows, Kassian, Weise) can be moved up/down the line-up as needed. Sorry Schroeder, you had your shot, I'm thinking career AHL'er, spot duty as needed.

We have about 3 mil left. I think GMMG is waiting to see if either Gaunce or Horvat can take 3C, otherwise he'll make some sort of deal or FA signing to fill it. Pretty sure Richardson is slated for 4C. If we go SEDIN-SEDIN-BURROWS / HIGGINS-KESLER-BOOTH / KASSIAN-________-HANSEN / SESTITO-RICHARDSON-WEISE-SANTORELLI we're in pretty good shape. Some players (Higgins, Hansen, Burrows, Kassian, Weise) can be moved up/down the line-up as needed. Sorry Schroeder, you had your shot, I'm thinking career AHL'er, spot duty as needed.

still would have wanted Lappy. hes bigger, better at shootouts and hits more. if he just cut down the penalties he would be an exceptional 4th liner. give Richardson the 3rd line role as a checking machine and Lappy as the gritty hitting machine.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

If Richardson wants the 3rd line Centre job, I could see

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder/ (Horvat,Shinkaruk,Jensen)

Higgins-Richardson-Burrows

Weise-Gaunce-Hansen

or something along those lines....we've got some crazy depth on the wings with our prospects now

Richardsom is 3C, like it or not he has too much skill for 4th line duty. I think people tend to forget there will be injuries and the young guys will be subbed in for nhl experience but don't think guys like horvat will be a full time player just yet, next year perhaps but not this year.

Would i like to be wrong about Bo being full time? yes but i don't think that's realistic at this point.

Archived