The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cutting Cable

nuckfan55

Cutting cable? ...is that anything like laying carpet?

...anyway, I tried exploring this route a few times. Unfortunately the NHL has us locals by the balls with their little feature of regional blackout restrictions. This means that if you IP is from an area within Sportsnet Pacific's region, the game will not be available to you through gamecenter.

There are other "less legal" options out there, but the reliability and quality is not up to my standards. I want high quality, no glitching and no cutting out. That's certainly not guaranteed by the other sources.

I can't stand watching sports on the web.

Is the glitchiness getting any better? I keep hearing that it's really good and has gotten better. Than I get a link from some kid and what you know, chop, chop, chop. I guess maybe some people don't understand that watching sports in anything but continuous real time motion is a complete waste of time. I get Center Ice though so I don't care much anyway.

Well if you want High Quailty its gonna cost you. I had TV cable cut for the past 2 months and enjoy everything on XBMC on my laptop. Tricky to get it set up, theres some forums out there to help you. xbmc.org has more info. You must have good internet for this to work, as everything streams on your pc.

Archived