The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Empire Total War

Tortorella's Rant

Changing your tax policy... Why can't I do it for a certain town or region? I'm at the finance screen and it says something like "to change your taxes, click the tax policy icon." I've looked it up, I've seen screenshots and a walk through on how to do this , etc, but I don't have the option of adjusting them at all.

Hmm. I actually don't have Empire installed at the moment but I do have Napoleon Total War installed. If I remember correctly, the game functions just like Napoleon and taxes are controlled globally. Each individual region can't have their taxes adjusted. You can only exempt individual regions from taxes if they are too unhappy.

If you can't change it for certain regions, I would guess you either just captured that region or they are too unhappy and are in revolt.

My memory is a little foggy on Empire but I do play Napoleon still.

Well, I don't know how to change taxes at all. Assuming that I can. I've googled this and seen how other people do it but I don't have this tax screen nor can I access it so I can't do anything about it :-/

Okay, here, @ the 57th sec. I don't have that change tax policy button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCacbQVXO6E

• 11 months later...

Yeah, so I started playing again recently. Currently doing the European campaign as Prussia. Native tribes don't get a tax policy like the Europeans do which is why I couldn't find it. They also don't get ministers. So when you go to the government window you have the main window and the trade window and that's it. I have trade going with India, Saxony, Poland-Lithuania and a couple other nations. At war with the Austrians. I sacked Vienna yesterday; deployed 3900 troops vs 4200 and lost 1900 of them. Damn, those forts are tough ::D

Archived