The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did we miss a Prospect

Fred65

WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Jets have signed defenceman Brenden Kichton to a three-year, US$1.86 million entry level contract.

The 21-year-old was named the Western Hockey League's defenceman of the year last season after recording 85 points (22 goals, 62 assists) in 71 games with the Spokane Chiefs.

The Spruce Grove, Alta., native had 67 goals, 201 assists and 143 penalty minutes over 333 career regular-season games with the Chiefs. He added three goals and 16 assists in 42 playoff games.

Kichton was originally drafted in the fifth round, 127th overall, by the New York Islanders in the 2011 draft. After failing to come to an agreement with the Isles he entered the 2013 draft, where Winnipeg took him in the seventh round, 190th overall.

Well I thought this might factor in

named the Western Hockey League's defenceman of the year last season after recording 85 points (22 goals, 62 assists) in 71 games with the Spokane Chiefs. Better numbers than Subban and bigger than Subban. If we thought size was not an issue with Subban how come some think it is with this Western Kid...when it comes to the Dub our scouts seem to have a blind spot

named the Western Hockey League's defenceman of the year last season after recording 85 points (22 goals, 62 assists) in 71 games with the Spokane Chiefs. Better numbers than Subban and bigger than Subban. If we thought size was not an issue with Subban how come some think it is with this Western Kid...when it comes to the Dub our scouts seem to have a blind spot

He's 6'0 and 190 according to hockeydb. Much bigger than Enstrom.

To the people who are pointing out how he led the WHL in points by a defenceman because he was an overager, this is the 3rd consecutive year that he's done it.

His coach praises his game all around, offence and defense, and he was captain of the team last year. I'm honestly dumbfounded that NYI didn't sign him. They offered him a contract, he said it wasn't enough, and they never came back with another offer. I think that this has a lot to do with NYI's terrible management than anything.

Archived