The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#1 Prospect poll (Canucks Army)

#1 Prospect  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So this is merely an 18 hour poll of who CDC believes will be the #1 prospect in the Canucks organization according to our friends at CanucksArmy.com.

Essentially Schroeder and Kassian have been eliminated (although I believe Kassian should still be in the running, considering he is still on an ELC. Regardless the contest has come down to:

Brendan Gaunce: The 6ft 3in 215lb center playing for the Belleville Bulls. A player who played difficult minutes defensively and exploded in the OHL playoffs offensively. His WJC spot was lost this previous year due to a shoulder injury. He was also named captain of the Bulls at the beginning of the season.

OR

Frank(ie) Corrado: The 6ft 190lb defensive prospect who played for both Sudbury and Kitchener last year in the OHL. He managed to crack the Canuck's roster for both regular season and playoff games last year while also being the first prospect to burn a sliding year on his contract since (RIP) the late Luc Bourdon. He was named the captain of the Sudbury Wolves before being traded to the Kitchener Rangers, led by a team in which the coach cut Corrado from the WJC team in a complete upset to most following the camp prior to the trade.

So make your choice, who is our #1 prospect?

I guess they are basing this on who is most ready to jump to the NHL, but if that's the case Lack, Jensen and Eriksson should all be ahead of Horvat and Gaunce.

I voted Corrado, but both of these guys should be solid NHLers within a year or two.

It's tough comparing forwards to defenders but I would say Corrado is the #1 Prospect right now. He looks more NHL-ready than Gaunce is. I also believe guys like Horvat, Shinkaruk and Jensen will climb up the rankings in a few years.

Archived