The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pedo gets whats coming

Blue90

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm out to lunch for calling out the gleeful cheers of "F yeah, that thing isn't human and I'd have totally done worse and not bad about it?" What the man did is completely understandable, the reaction of everyone else isn't -- clearly the father isn't even on board with the "justice is served" if he felt he needed the man to be alive as he called 911. I respect him for that. The reason I've brought up the public execution analogy is to highlight the disgusting need for some people here to find some fulfillment in someone dying even if they didn't know them in any way. They are no different than crowds that'd cheer on a lynching or the death of a well known terrorist by marching the streets. Death can be a much needed solution but no one should revel in the joy of it.

Is there a collective asshole everyone is pulling out these non sequiturs from?

I don't think most people are saying that, though. What people are saying is that it is UNDERSTANDABLE that if in a similar horrific incident, a lot of fathers would react the same way. Hell, people lose their cool when someone steals stuff from their car. It is only natural for a parent to be protective over their children's safety.

Well, if rage supersedes the need to protect the child then rage is the thing that should get looked into. As another poster mentioned, this happening in Texas is part of the equation. We all know that you don't mess with Texas. If it happened elsewhere it likely would have been looked into with far, far more scrutiny There were no other witnesses apparently. Maybe 5 years probation and mandatory counselling is appropriate? Dunno.

Well, if rage supersedes the need to protect the child then rage is the thing that should get looked into. As another poster mentioned, this happening in Texas is part of the equation. We all know that you don't mess with Texas. If it happened elsewhere it likely would have been looked into with far, far more scrutiny There were no other witnesses apparently. Maybe 5 years probation and mandatory counselling is appropriate? Dunno.

I'm with Hodor on this. I don't remotely blame the father for doing what he did. In fact he should be commended for attempting to save that sick bastard's life. It was the right thing to do in a VERY unfortunate situation. I don't envy the man having to live with not only not being able to stop his daughter from being raped and the corresponding guilt he must feel but the knowledge that he took another person's life with his own hands...

I hope he gets some counseling to help him work through that or he's likely to have some pretty severe issues. That girl deserves the best father she can after what she's been through and he could very easily slip in to a very dark place after what's happened that wouldn't be good for either of them.

That said all the cheering for another person's death on here is sickening. Life is fragile and none of us should so casually disregard another's. Taking another person's life is something I hope none of you ever have to experience for your own sake.

As a victim of sexual abuse the father saved his daughter from many many more years of hurt. The worse part about my experience was knowing the bastard was alive and when he was released, because in Canada our justice system is a joke, I would get anxious and not want to go out, even though I'm 30 now it still happens, still causes anxiety attacks. The girl will need years of counselling and good strong family support, but she will never have to look behind her wondering if that sick bastard is there, he's dead and they and her can focus on healing. I believe "true justice" was served.

I don't think that anybody has the right to decide that another person should die, as seems to be the train of thought in many posts on here. However, I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the rapist. He was clearly a disgusting excuse for a human being, and from the article it would appear that it was not the father's intention to kill him. I feel terrible for the girl and the scarring that the event will cause. She's been robbed of her innocence and that isn't fair.

I agree with a lot of Hodor's points, but I think that her attitude/wording can be pretty abrasive and that sometimes takes away from the content of her posts (Sorry Hodor - I genuinely don't want to cause offence. Just something I've noticed. Hell, maybe it's just me).

EDIT: In saying that, In The Slot seems to be 100x worse...

remorse? for a man that rapes 5 yr old children?

human being? that rapes 5 yr old children?

thats not a human being, that is an animal...go feed your kid to a pedo or someone you love and say that...yes i am sure you'd like to sit down with that person after they do this to a loved one and say 'its ok, i will get you help, i know you are troubled'. i am the moral equivalent of jesus i will forgive your sins, even if you stuck your kawk in IN MY 5 YR OLD DAUGHTER..

ya thats what these guys do...and you're going to say, no need to get so graphic, no need to say that stuff...YES THERE IS A NEED BECAUSE THINK ABOUT IT, THAT'S WHAT HE DID...

idiot

you act like you have some 'moral superiority' .this isn't philosophy 101 kid, its real world, its an animal attacking a CHILD.

i don't have remorse for a bear that attacks a tree planter in PG and mauls them when a park ranger puts them down.

why should i have remorse for this animal?

I don't think that anybody has the right to decide that another person should die, as seems to be the train of thought in many posts on here. However, I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the rapist. He was clearly a disgusting excuse for a human being, and from the article it would appear that it was not the father's intention to kill him. I feel terrible for the girl and the scarring that the event will cause. She's been robbed of her innocence and that isn't fair.

I agree with a lot of Hodor's points, but I think that her attitude/wording can be pretty abrasive and that sometimes takes away from the content of her posts (Sorry Hodor - I genuinely don't want to cause offence. Just something I've noticed. Hell, maybe it's just me).

EDIT: In saying that, In The Slot seems to be 100x worse...

Archived