The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal VAN-SJ

To Canucks: Raffi Torres

To Sharks: 4th rounder and maybe prospect

Canucks need more grit. Sestito is the only player in our team that i think has the most grit. Maybe Weise.. Nonetheless we need Torres back. He helped our team bring within a game of winning the Cup.

What do you think? GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lol'd, Sestito brings nothing.

To Canucks: Raffi Torres

To Sharks: 4th rounder and maybe prospect

Canucks need more grit. Sestito is the only player in our team that i think has the most grit. Maybe Weise.. Nonetheless we need Torres back. He helped our team bring within a game of winning the Cup.

What do you think? GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you Torres fanboys need to realize that he is gone for a reason.... As far as I'm concerned, he does more harm then good by taking stupid penalties and going overboard throwing borderline dirty hits. Even though he has cleaned up his act the past year, I still think it is too risky to have him in our everyday lineup.

If you think Sestito brings nothing then you don't understand the components necessary to win in the NHL.... In my opinion, Sestito plays his role very well. In today's NHL every team needs a fighter/goon. Sestito is ours. He is an above average fighter and throws big, clean hits. If a guy like Marchand or Keith takes a run at one of our guys, Sestito will go after them. Sure, he doesn't score goals, but his prescience on our team opens up ice for our more skilled players. That is what Sestito's role is on our team and I believe he does is very well.

If you think Sestito brings nothing then you don't understand the components necessary to win in the NHL.... In my opinion, Sestito plays his role very well. In today's NHL every team needs a fighter/goon. Sestito is ours. He is an above average fighter and throws big, clean hits. If a guy like Marchand or Keith takes a run at one of our guys, Sestito will go after them. Sure, he doesn't score goals, but his prescience on our team opens up ice for our more skilled players. That is what Sestito's role is on our team and I believe he does is very well.

$2 mill player, former 5th overall pick, on the 2knd line?

He even played some top line shifts against us in the play off's. He was better than any of our forwards, save Kess's one game wonder.

OK, 3rd line, but we miss Torres's size and speed on the fore check.

Moot anyway, valuable to SJ who wont trade him.

If we really wanted to keep him, we wouldn't have let him go in the first place. Also, where would Torres fit in the lineup? $2M player on the 4th line? No thanks.

Archived