The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaunce chances at making Canucks

DrChill

im dont want to rain on anyones parade. I know we as fans and especially the players themselves want to make the team. But as cruel as it sounds, MG has to work within the rules he is given.

There is little chance Gaunce makes the team because he can go back to junior. Jensen will be sent to Utica. Shinkaruk would have to score 20 goals in pre season to force us to keep him because he has 2 years of junior left.

Horvat is our primo draft pick and he will be given a hard look but again, we have Schroeder we have to deal with. He will be 23 in a week and he needs to make the NHL now. Its far more important that he gets an honest shot right now than push our other rookies when we have time to develop them.

I expect all of our kids to be sent back to junior (with the exception of Horvat possibly) and Jensen to the AHL . Its Schroeders job to lose.

Schroeder will be on the roster regardless. I dont think theyre going to worry about his development pattern anymore. He'll either play good enough for the starting job, or he'll be the 13th forward to fill in for top 6 duty. I do think though that he is one to keep an eye on since he's a cerebral player, and those types of players generally trend upward year to year.

Gaunce is anybodies guess at the moment. If anything the safe bet would to peg him as the 4th line center, with richardson as our 3rd line center to start the year. As Gaunce has strength with battles along the boards, faceoffs, and attention to defense. I really dont think playing him on the 4th line will at all hinder his development, but rather nurture those strengths, while getting confident at the highest level against weaker head to head competition....

I think people will be very pleasantly suprised at what Richardson can bring to this team. This is his shot to prove he belongs in a full time important role, and he's got the work ethic to fit his linemates, should they end up being Higgins and Hansen. He knows very well what he can add to this team, and he will bring those attributes.

I really believe that if anyone superseeds Richardson at 3C, that it'll be Horvat. I just feel that he has the attributes that the coaching staff will fall in love with, and that he has more offensive and clutch player potential than Gaunce.

Hell Id even consider this as a roster:

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler kassian

higgins richardson hansen

horvat gaunce wiese

schroeder

sestito

Schroeder will be on the roster regardless. I dont think theyre going to worry about his development pattern anymore. He'll either play good enough for the starting job, or he'll be the 13th forward to fill in for top 6 duty. I do think though that he is one to keep an eye on since he's a cerebral player, and those types of players generally trend upward year to year.

Gaunce is anybodies guess at the moment. If anything the safe bet would to peg him as the 4th line center, with richardson as our 3rd line center to start the year. As Gaunce has strength with battles along the boards, faceoffs, and attention to defense. I really dont think playing him on the 4th line will at all hinder his development, but rather nurture those strengths, while getting confident at the highest level against weaker head to head competition....

I think people will be very pleasantly suprised at what Richardson can bring to this team. This is his shot to prove he belongs in a full time important role, and he's got the work ethic to fit his linemates, should they end up being Higgins and Hansen. He knows very well what he can add to this team, and he will bring those attributes.

I really believe that if anyone superseeds Richardson at 3C, that it'll be Horvat. I just feel that he has the attributes that the coaching staff will fall in love with, and that he has more offensive and clutch player potential than Gaunce.

Hell Id even consider this as a roster:

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler kassian

higgins richardson hansen

horvat gaunce wiese

schroeder

sestito

Geez..patience people.

Allow our 'Big Three' a shot at WJ gold. Test out the depth we signed over the summer(Santo, Ferro, Lain, Rich, et al...). The big ? marks are some of our key fwd's performances; adapting to Torts; Edler bouncing back; & Lu being in gold-form. Use the first 20~30 games to gauge these questions.

Lastly, if you bring in too many new faces, we'll ultimtely end up losing more good players to expansion drafts. It will be harder to protect every asset. Be like the Wings for at least ONE more season, & insert these kids gradually, surrounded by good, vet players.

Archived