The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chris Brumwell Re-joins Canucks, Replaces T.C. Carling as VP of Communications

CanucksFanMike

Hey, let's remember the Canucks are a team, meaning it takes many people who are professionals in their own right to contribute to a successful sports business. When someone with Brumwell's experience rejoins the Canucks, after his Dad spent the past 8 years with the team, I believe this is a positive move worthy of note.

Hey, let's remember the Canucks are a team, meaning it takes many people who are professionals in their own right to contribute to a successful sports business. When someone with Brumwell's experience rejoins the Canucks, after his Dad spent the past 8 years with the team, I believe this is a positive move worthy of note.

I think this might be an unfortunate move after the whole Luongo/Schneider controversy. It was handled poorly by all parties involved including TC Carling when he made Luongo available to media only minutes after the trading deadline fell through.

I think this might be an unfortunate move after the whole Luongo/Schneider controversy. It was handled poorly by all parties involved including TC Carling when he made Luongo available to media only minutes after the trading deadline fell through.

It's just speculation (Botchfordesque). In the recent interview on TSN Luongo was asked by Duthie about the trading deadline and he explained he was called off the ice in urgency to fax the papers waiving his NTC but when he got to GIllis' office he was told the trade fell through and that he was quite emotional about it. A few minutes after this he was put in front of the cameras and made the unfortunate but true sound byte that "my contract sucks". When GIllis was asked about this comment later in the day he said Luongo was upset and never should have been in a position to make such a comment. That's where my speculation came from.

Archived