The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Omertà]

Captain Aerosex

Peaches did say "I'm mafia plz don't kill me" or something too. And when I PMed him last game to tell him the Sheriff investigated him as TP, he said he was the Kingpin as a joke as well. So, you know...

Ahhh, I've had so little time to keep up this round. I have 16 minutes to read through the thread again and cast a vote. Crap, 15....

Okay, round is ending and I want to get this up for future reference in case I die. It's written hastily and is not as nicely laid out as I normally do it, but hey, I had 15 minutes. ;) There was a lot of vote switching and confusion, so I went back and tracked it all. We start with the Lemons vote, then that dies off and BW is targeted. Peaches becomes a target simultaneously, and susraiders garners a few votes as well.

So...

Lemons asks when roles will be handed out well after game has started. Aladeen questions him.

Mikeyboy votes for him. Lemons defends himself and Aladeen accepts it. Peaches votes for him too, however. Intoewsables is third. Mikeyboy calls out Peaches for bandwagoning. Susraiders comes out of nowhere to vote 4th. Beluga is next. Kryten is next, but quickly notices how big the bandwagon has got and unvotes, recognizing that it's going up too fast. Intoewsables agrees. Peaches unvotes Lemons. Intoewsables does as well, albeit a little bit after first agreeing.

Kiwis votes Beluga Whale because of his bandwagon vote and poor justification for said vote. VIC agrees and votes for BW as well. Burr adds his own suspicions and votes BW. After 3 votes and 4 hours before the deadline (insert eyeroll), BW calls it a "lost cause" and votes himself. Susraiders mentions how he hates bandwagoners and then votes for BW. (Note: this is clearly a joke at his own expense. However, he did still vote on both bandwagons.) Vic unvotes BW. OurTimetoShine votes for BW. Apples votes for BW.

Mikeyboy votes Peaches and also calls out susraiders for above bandwagons. GFY agrees and votes Peaches as well. Beluga votes Peaches to "save himself." Peaches votes Beluga. Intoewsables votes for BW too. Not a Fruit jumps in on BW as well. VIC votes for Peaches. Kryten votes susraiders, the other guy being called out, because he is quieter than Peaches. Burr switches his vote onto Peaches. One one two tacks his onto BW. Hodor votes Peaches, then quickly votes BW after mistaking Peaches' past tendencies for Apples'. GFY switches his vote from Peaches to Susraiders. Gally votes Susraiders.

I have no idea who lost the vote and is going to be hanged (BW I think), but I guess we'll find out shortly. But my immediate conclusions:

1) The Lemons bandwagon flared up quickly and died off just as quickly. Honestly, there may have been a Mafia or two in there, but I can easily see some eager TP, desperate for any bit of evidence, jumping on this one. With a large cast of players (all still alive) it's not uncommon for TP mob mentality to take over and lynch a TP who seemingly "slipped up" in round 1.

2) The biggest and most persistant bandwagon was on BW. It had some solid backing to it, I think, but it's still suspicious how strong it became. It's also suspicious how it persisted throughout the rest of the round, despite alternatives like Peaches and susraiders garnering votes as well.

3) Peaches and Susraiders were linked together, and ended up splitting their voters between them. To me, they sort of count as one "faction" of votes, however.

4) There were some definite bandwagon voters jumping around in here. Some people switched their opinions as new evidence arose, which is fine, but some people popped in only to switch to the vote de jour, or so it seems. These people will be examined closely, pending tonight's results.

Archived