The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Omertà]

Captain Aerosex

I'm not 100% certain we can count Gally as a confirmed TP just yet, considering how last game worked. Depending on how many mafia members there were, they could have decided to risk sacrificing one early in order to gain the TP's trust, knowing there's about a 1 in 3 chance the lackey will block a mafia member. Gally would be the ideal choice for this purpose given how quiet he is. He's usually a prime lynching target.

High risk but high reward if it pays off.

I think he's TP, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm not 100% certain we can count Gally as a confirmed TP just yet, considering how last game worked. Depending on how many mafia members there were, they could have decided to risk sacrificing one early in order to gain the TP's trust, knowing there's about a 1 in 3 chance the lackey will block a mafia member. Gally would be the ideal choice for this purpose given how quiet he is. He's usually a prime lynching target.

High risk but high reward if it pays off.

I think he's TP, but it's something to keep in mind.

I would think it's safe to assume the Lackey is in contact with the Mafia. In which case an alliance will definitely be needed. Hopefully the TP specials contact Gally and get an alliance going. Topping off my suspicion as of right now is Peaches, and Not a Fruit. No specific reason other than a gut feeling.

DO NOT CONTACT GALLY JUST YET TP SPECIALS!!!! The Lackey having contact with the rest of the mafia is up to CA. It is very possible they knew before hand who he was and planned it this way. Read the instructions, the TP might be getting duped here.

So same as last game.

In which case, Gally is almost certainly TP. The only way he isn't is if he's the SK, and that was his role last game, was it not? I've played this game for years, and I don't recall one player ever being the same specific role twice in a row. (But I do realise odds don't work that way, and there's just as much chance he's the SK as anyone else. Still, I highly doubt it.)

If you guys are really still untrusting, there are ways to work around it. Sheriff, if your first investigation came up TP, get them to contact Gally for you. Doc, contact Gally, but switch your save to yourself last minute without telling him. Odds are Gally, if TP, won't be targeted by the Mafia anyway. Vig...um, okay, I don't know.

You guys are such a suspicious group. Not everything is a trick, you know. Sometimes you need to take a leap of faith to win this game.

First off MR was a tad off with his summary. I felt I was the one starting the call out on Lemons just to start the blood flowing and get some posts happening. I was writing at the time Aladeen posted so I had no idea he was about to say the same thing. Secondly after some talking last night I think GFK was on to something do I will continue to

Vote Susraiders

Wasn't assuming CA was trying to trick us, I was just trying to get confirmation in case an error was made as "GM's discretion" is ambiguous. Since then though CA has clarified it and yes everyone can contact Gally at their leisure as he is obviously a TP.

Archived