The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Extension) Corey Crawford with Chicago

Pears

Yes, Crawford was good for Chicago down the stretch but he wasn't the reason why they won.... it was because of their forwards and defencemen that they won the cup. Crawford has been very inconsistent in his career. Remember, not too long ago he was Chicago's biggest problem. I don't think he is worth $6 M per even if he was guaranteed to play at the level he did in the playoffs for the full six years. Add to that the possibility he could struggle a bit like he has in the past, I don't think that number makes too much sense for me. Obviously Mr. Bowman feels differently.

Yes, Crawford was good for Chicago down the stretch but he wasn't the reason why they won.... it was because of their forwards and defencemen that they won the cup. Crawford has been very inconsistent in his career. Remember, not too long ago he was Chicago's biggest problem. I don't think he is worth $6 M per even if he was guaranteed to play at the level he did in the playoffs for the full six years. Add to that the possibility he could struggle a bit like he has in the past, I don't think that number makes too much sense for me. Obviously Mr. Bowman feels differently.

crawford was the stanley cup winning goalie. at the end of the day, he came through against the big bad bruins.

this works both ways, crawford's payday was the result of his teammate being good, but he was also a very important piece of them winning the cup. there were many games where he bailed out his team, who should have been eliminated due to their poor play vs Detroit early on.

6 million, when the cap is supposed to go up (to as high as $80 million), is not that bad for a stanley cup winner, a player who many thought should have won the conn smythe, and a potential olympic goalie for Canada.

Archived