The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Extension) Corey Crawford with Chicago

Pears

I'll be honest. I doubted that Crawford would turn into a Stanley Cup winning goaltender during the 2011-12 season and playoffs when his play was brutal at times, but his play this year quickly changed my mind about him. I think the next two years, this year especially, will be a great opportunity for him to prove himself as a top flight goalie in the NHL. $6M may be a million or so too much but I personally believe he'll continue to improve.

IMO, this is going to be Marc-Andre Fleury 2.0. I don't think Crawford has what it takes to be an elite goaltender year in and year out, but I hope he can prove me wrong.

I would've offered a 10mil, 2 year contract, and if he did well, give him the big paycheck.

Glad to see Corey rewarded......he put in his time, showed steady improvement, and helped the team to a Stanley Cup. Hawks could be alot worse off at the goaltending position. I will say though, it seems like a bit of an over-payment by the Hawks.....at this time.

When you consider this contract runs through 2020, who knows what the Cap will be, it may turn out to be a great bargain. Then again, he could also be playing in the Swiss Leagues by his last few years of the deal. We'll see.

I love Crawford, it's kind of hard to argue this deal since he won the Hawks the cup but he showed huge weakness on his glove side during the cup final, but its a good deal, nice term and affordable for a starting goalie. If he can improve on his glove side this deal will look like a steal in the future, especially with the cap suppossedly going up in he next few years.

Archived