The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Discussion Thread - DRAFTING SATURDAY AT 1PM?

Scottish⑦Canuck

We'll try to make it a weekend then. I'm off until the 23rd of the month so it doesn't really bother me, as long as I'm not up until all hours doing it. In saying that I'm usually up really late so that shouldn't matter.

I'll PM you guys the invite link as soon as the positions are filled. Shouldn't take too long as it's filling up quickly.

okidoki...this will be fun for sure :)

Can I join?

This is my first yahoo fantasy, I know the basics but I need to learn about it in more depth. I may ask some questions. The first one is that does your team remain the same throughout the year? And do I have to something related to the fantasy every day (what if I go on Vacation or something for 2 weeks?)

Your team doesn't have to remain the same. If a player is injured you can place him on IR, you can pick up players via waivers and free agency if they're available, and you can trade with other members of the league. You don't have to update it everyday. If you're going on vacation I'm pretty sure you can edit your team in advance for each day that you'll be away.

That's us full up. I'll post the invite link in the main post, and we'll try to organise a draft date and time that is best for everyone.

http://y.ahoo.it/sHzmhNAv

OK, I need you guys to let me know which days are best for you if we're going to have a draft AND what times you are generally available. A weekend draft would be preferable, and bear in mind that myself and Bombastik are in Europe and therefore are 8/9 hours ahead of you.

should be not a problem for us euros at the weekend

would be okay i guess

or more spots anyone?

4 c

4 lw

4 rw

6 d

2 g

6 bench

2 ir

?

How about 3 of each, with 4/5/6 defensemen, 2 goalies and 5 spots on the bench?

4 of each might take quite a long time to get through the draft. Like I said though, I'm flexible so whatever the most popular option is will be fine with me.

do we keep league talk here?

so....

LW - C - RW

LW - C - RW

LW - C - RW

D - D

D - D

D - D

G

G

Bench

Bench

Bench

Bench

Bench

IR

well..there are players that can play different positions and there are enough goalies.....so all 16 gm´s will be fine at the end

doesn't this seem like a tad much to anyone? if I'm the only one who thinks so just ignore me but with 16 teams we'll be drafting 352 players. if the average pick takes 45 seconds the draft will take approximately 4.4 hours. that's fcking insane.

I vote for something along the lines of

2lw

2c

2rw

1utility

4d

2g

4 bench

doesn't this seem like a tad much to anyone? if I'm the only one who thinks so just ignore me but with 16 teams we'll be drafting 352 players. if the average pick takes 45 seconds the draft will take approximately 4.4 hours. that's fcking insane.

2lw

2c

2rw

1utility

4d

2g

4 bench

enough players left .....but i wouldnt mind 2,2,2....2 utilitys and 4 defenders

2lw

2c

2rw

1utility

4d

2g

4 bench

You're probably right. 4 hours is a bit excessive.

anyways....a draft runs pretty fast and with 16 teams....every team could pick 2 first lines and 1 2nd line

2 1st pairings and 1 2nd pairing...2 starting goalies

some teams going with a starting tandem IRL ... philly/st.louis/calgary/pittsburgh/ may florida

so no one will have any issues with goalies

Archived