The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave gagner steps down as director of player development

billabong

This is not speculation .. You can choose to believe me or not , but this team is not in a good place management wise .. Gagne was not fired . He quit .. that should tell you how things are going in the canucks front office .. certain people think that M.G has lost the plot .. he spends his days fishing , and golfing .. Im telling you what I have heard from inside .. this team is dysfunctional from a management standpoint ..

This is not speculation .. You can choose to believe me or not , but this team is not in a good place management wise .. Gagne was not fired . He quit .. that should tell you how things are going in the canucks front office .. certain people think that M.G has lost the plot .. he spends his days fishing , and golfing .. Im telling you what I have heard from inside .. this team is dysfunctional from a management standpoint ..

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Dave Gagner has left VAN as director of player development for the same role with the Orr Hockey Group.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Gagner will work with Orr Hockey Group clients including 2014 draft eligible Aaron Ekblad and 2015 eligible Connor McDavid, amongst others.

Good shake up for our team

Personally, I feel the way Trevor was treated post-lockout a lot of people instead of backing him up, stabbed him in the back. Maybe that's turned him off of hockey and management. He seems pretty happy on his business and real estate ventures. If he wants to come back, I'm all for it. But if he wants to do other stuff, I wish him nothing but the best of luck. The guy has earned it.

Personally, I feel the way Trevor was treated post-lockout a lot of people instead of backing him up, stabbed him in the back. Maybe that's turned him off of hockey and management. He seems pretty happy on his business and real estate ventures. If he wants to come back, I'm all for it. But if he wants to do other stuff, I wish him nothing but the best of luck. The guy has earned it.

trevor doesn't belong in canucks coaching or management. putting him in a position to tarnish his legacy is a bad idea.

whether its player development, coaching or management, at some point he's going to have to be fired, or i suppose moved all throughout the organization like steamer.

All NHL teams have this position within their organization, so there will be a replacement.

Gillis will likely take his time in finding that replacement. I think this is a loss, as Gagner was one of the first people Gillis hired.

An organization needs as many good hockey minds as it can find and Gagner is a good hockey mind.

Archived