The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Rumors, Blues Would Pay For Sedin Twins. Would Sabres? Plus Writer Update.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=53653&blogger_id=1

Quick hits throughout this holiday weekend... We at Hockeybuzz hope you and yours have a great holiday weekend as we say goodbye to summer and HELLO to hockey season!

Some Rumors for your BBQ's.

* the Dallas Stars aren't done and have called the Sabres about Vanek and Oilers on Hemsky...I happened upon an interesting tidbit that the the Stars had talked about a possible Hemsky and Horcoff package at one point. Despite grabbing Horcoff, I am told the Stars are still looking for a top 6...after missing out on Lecavalier and Briere.

* The Ducks are another possible spot for Vanek, although I have also heard talks the Ducks have had discussions with Florida regarding a prospect...

* The assumption of course is the Sedins will be extended in Vancouver, but if things get dicey I am told to expect the Blues or Sabres to get in on the twins. I am told Hitchcock will do all he can to make that happen...

On new writers...

Still working on it. We have close to 800 really solid applicants to still read through and I am trying to tie down a final decision on all the spots in the next 7-10 days. I will be putting up new guest blogs all weekend, so if you are waiting for yours to go up don't worry..there is still definitely a chance...

Thanks!

Join the Discussion: » 163 Comments » Post New Comment

The Sedins are 10 months away from free agency. No one plans that much in advance. No way Hitchcock said that prior to the season and close to a year from free agency.

Just proves how Eklund's sources are nothing else but his pure imagination.

Eklund should be a legit source for the Flyers only. Basically the only good calls he gets.

On new writers...

Still working on it. We have close to 800 really solid applicants to still read through and I am trying to tie down a final decision on all the spots in the next 7-10 days. I will be putting up new guest blogs all weekend, so if you are waiting for yours to go up don't worry..there is still definitely a chance...

I'd give the Blues the Sedins at the deadline if we aren't one of the top 5 strongest teams at that point, and then get the twins to sign back once they hit free agency (assuming that the Sedins are okay with this and covertly give their word they will sign back).

Schwartz, Stewart, 2014 1st round pick, 2015 first round pick.

I'd give the Blues the Sedins at the deadline if we aren't one of the top 5 strongest teams at that point, and then get the twins to sign back once they hit free agency (assuming that the Sedins are okay with this and covertly give their word they will sign back).

Schwartz, Stewart, 2014 1st round pick, 2015 first round pick.

Archived