The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Young Stars Penticton Guide to fun and games

Warhippy

This is a local thread and I am unsure if placing this in the canucks general is ok or not.

But for those of you coming into Penticton I am going to try giving you the best bang for your buck in regards to sight seeing and food, drinks.

For accommodation stay on Lakeshore drive as the Ramada and Coast Clarion are all booked up. Easiest walking distance would be Lakeshore West and Burnaby Avenue Days Inn location a mere 3 blocks or 10 minutes from the South Okanagan Events Center. Quite honestly all of the best accommodation will indeed be at that end of town so if catching a Hotel keep Lakeshore or Riverside Drive in mind.

For food. If staying at the Days Inn catch the Black Iron Grill for amazing steak. Best Breakfast in town would be the Bears Den Restaurant at the Travellodge which is directly behind the SOEC. For Lunches one can easily head downtown and get a donair from Fibonnacci's a sandwich from IL Vecchio just off of Nanaimo or even something simple like a Poutine from Jeffers Fries. Dinner is best served at La Casa Ouzeria, The Pasta Factory or La Cucina. Black Iron is a great steakhouse or even simply Murrays Pizza or Yakis Pizza and Subs. If you're more adventurous one can travel 7 KM up the mountain and eat at the world famous Lost Moose Lodge

If you're physically oriented only the Coast Lakeside has an indoor gym but best quiet gym in town is on Martin Street called the City Center Fitness, nice quiet great staff and is open for the teams here for the tournament as they cater to the Okanagan Hockey School and in 2010 had Taylor Hall and the Oilers using it frequently.

Attractions galore from Wineries to BC Hockey Hall of Fame. One can drive towards Naramata and find 17 beautiful lakeside wineries with incredible food and drink menus. Or simply walk or bike the KVR trail. Memorial Arena contains a wealth of hockey history from the world champion vees of the 50's to a young pimply faced golden Brett Hull and Paul Kariya amongst other notable NHL Greats.

If you have kids you can hit Loco Landing, raft down the River Channel or simply sit at the beach (even though it's kinda raining today) A best bet for fun is a ride towards OK Falls for Tickleberrys or even up Carmi to the race track for world class go karts

Honestly, Penticton is a gorgeous place the people are nice and the shopping is easy. Markets on Saturdays here are a treat for local artists and food. This really is a hidden gem and I sincerely hope everyone showing up enjoys it. If you have any questions about food drink local attractions don't hesitate to message me.

Enjoy the tournament

Things have changed since I lived there,,Boston Pizza and Bostons Bottom were the hot spots,,but it was always a great place to live,,beaches and sun.

In the winter you could shoot a cannon off down the main drag and not hit anyone but now with the wineries and Apex Alpine skiing,,not anymore.

Good times,,have a great time during the tournament and Go NUX>

Things have changed since I lived there,,Boston Pizza and Bostons Bottom were the hot spots,,but it was always a great place to live,,beaches and sun.

In the winter you could shoot a cannon off down the main drag and not hit anyone  but now with the wineries and Apex Alpine skiing,,not anymore.

Good times,,have a great time during the tournament and Go NUX>

In the winter you could shoot a cannon off down the main drag and not hit anyone but now with the wineries and Apex Alpine skiing,,not anymore.

Good times,have a great time during the tournament and Go NUX>

My family used to go to Penticton every summer when I was a kid. We'd camp near the NW corner of Skaha, hit the amusement park, the drive in theatre, good times.

I just had a boo at Google Maps, it looks like there are houses down by the water where that giant peach used to be.

Haven't been there in a looong time

Archived