The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman Pulled Over For Breastfeeding On A Moped

naslund.is.king

Busy moms have to multitask, but a woman in Yuzhou, China, recently got stopped by police for breastfeeding her 18-month-old son while riding on a moped.

The young mom was allegedly weaving her scooter through traffic while holding her 18-month-old son in her arms, when the kid started crying, the Hollywood Gossip reported.

Witnesses said the mom started to breastfeed the child while keeping a hand on the handlebars, Orange News reported.

Officers pulled over the woman before she caused an accident.

"She was risking her life, her son's life and the lives of all the other road users," a police spokesman said according to the website. "We told her that if she carried on we would confiscate her bike," they added.

The unidentified woman isn't the first mom accused of this sort of distracted driving.

In June 2008, Catherine Donkers, 29, was accused of child endangerment for trying to breastfeed her daughter while driving from Detroit to Pittsburgh on the Ohio Turnpike. She was also cited for not having a license.

Donkers told ABC News that she thought the citation was out of line and planned to fight it all the way.

"It's not like I'm trying to change a diaper while I'm driving, she pretty much just lays there on the pillow in my lap," she said. "I would certainly submit that talking on a cell phone causes far more distraction than nursing a child while she's just laying there."

In February, 2009, police in Kettering, Ohio, pulled over Genine Compton because she was allegedly breast feeding and talking on the cell phone while driving, WHIO-TV reported.

She reportedly had the child in the lap with the baby's head up against the steering wheel, adding not only the risk of injury if there was a crash, but possible deployment of the airbag.

Although she was issued citations for child endangering and violating the child restraint law, she told the station, "If my child's hungry, I'm going to feed it."

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3860757

Hahahahah

Archived