The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Taylor and Obscure Canuck Names

cabinessence

The Canucks had a real oddball Dman in the early 70's named Jim Hargreaves.

Some of you old guys might remember that at the Coliseum (and all rinks) way back then the penalty boxes didn't have glass protection in front of them like they do now. They were wide open, just as the normal players benches are. And as now, when a penalty is about to expire, the box attendant opens the door for the player to leave. That didn't matter to Jim, because his normal manner of escape was to just hop over the boards. It was goofy to see the attendant open the door just to have the guy jumping the boards anyway. But that was Jim.

70016.jpg

How dare you call the great Dana Murzyn a pylon !

Haha.. The fact you knew he was talking about Dana Murzyn just confirms that. I remember '94 and as a kid every time he got burned hearing my old man curse the TV. I don't even know if I would have remembered Dana Murzyn except for the fact that it took him a year to pivot.

Haha.. The fact you knew he was talking about Dana Murzyn just confirms that. I remember '94 and as a kid every time he got burned hearing my old man curse the TV. I don't even know if I would have remembered Dana Murzyn except for the fact that it took him a year to pivot.

Dana Murzyn, and the feeling about Murzyn I share with your father was later substituted by acts by one Aki Berg, and has since been reincarnated in the form of Andrew Alberts. Who's next?

Tommi Santala, anyone? I remember everyone here praising and hating him so intensely back in the day :)

Archived