The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Aquilini only sees the positives

naslund.is.king

I wonder if he sees Gillis with rose-coloured glasses like everyone else seems to... because he should have fired his ass last season.

In the last 4 drafts, we have gotten a total of 36 Games played from our prospects, and 9 points... yep.. 9 points.

Gillis is easily one of the worst GM's in the league, and our owner has done nothing about it.

Great job

History of Canuck ownership and I have seen them all;

a) Tom Scallen;1972-74: had some trouble with stock promotion and did time.

b The Griffith Family; 1974-97: Well intentioned and great community people but not hockey people.

c) John McCaw; 1997-2004: absentee landlords. Canucks were an after thought. More interested in the NBA.

d) Aquilini Family; 2004-13: Now we have owners! Spend to the max on CAP, Spend millions of non-CAP money on building out the organization (AHL Utica Comets), spend big bucks on the science of athletes travel, conditioning etc. Bottom line is that UFA's have Van on their radar now which they did not before. I lik'em!

I wonder if he sees Gillis with rose-coloured glasses like everyone else seems to... because he should have fired his ass last season.

In the last 4 drafts, we have gotten a total of 36 Games played from our prospects, and 9 points... yep.. 9 points.

Gillis is easily one of the worst GM's in the league, and our owner has done nothing about it.

Great job

Great job

Archived